• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all :wavey:

at work so bleurgh

RMF I saw that damm dog last nigh in the village thats allowed to

stray by his dickhead owner, this dog has been allowed to stray for the past

10 years or so, and the dog wardens do nothing.

The knobhead told me, "yeah he just jumps over the gate and gets

out when i let him out to the toilet" - Go Outside with him on a LEAD DICKHEAD!!!!!!

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who need them

well done ben, keep the eating up :biggrin:

HLG we have fingers and paws crossed here for your job :flowers:

we have another week of tabs for diez to see if they help if not colonoscopy (i would like a month where i don't need to see my vet :laugh: )

I hope its real money for you sam xx

I was so ill last night I didnt even come on here. Had a bad night trying to lie down and breathe, so a gentle day definately

have a nice safe day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You too. Take it really easy and look after yourself. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

:laugh: Nog, hes such a character.

:GroupHug: jazz, take care of yourself

Had a very wobbly night last night :rolleyes: and spent time :mecry: .Izzies sister has started fitting and vet is diagnosing epilepsey :mecry: Whilst i'm upset for Gracie and her owners i'm being more than a tad selfish as i've lost two dogs to uncontrollable epilepsey and i'm terrified Izzie will get it. Daft i know and if she does i'll just have to cope but it scares the hell out of me.

009-5.jpg

I luffs mine :wub: I have really odd shaped feet and toes, inherited from my dad and made worse by a mis-spent youth of wearing killer f*ck me shoes :ohmy: They are a bit off a faff to get on but if you do it slowly toe by toe they are fine, people look at you as if you are Shrek if you wear them out but so what. Biggest tip is keep your toenails really short and persevere with the wierd feeling, after an hour or so you'll love them.

Thats good to know, I've ordered the classic ones, my friend has ordered a pair for me from the States ( ones with a strap ) and i was fed up waiting on them rolleyes.gif

... should say I've read that 'Rowdy's last vacation' page too, and I'm not convinced.

Maybe the dog had an unusual reaction to Previcox, but I note that this was a dog that was hit by a car, there's little detail about how carefully he was examined - were there x-rays? Was the dog kept in? He wasn't able to stand unaided, wasn't eating well - yet none the less they took him 9 hours in the car. Then no vet till the day after the day after the journey, even though he was clearly ill afterwards. No emergency vet in the night either, even though the dog was projectile vomiting and very distressed.

There was no post mortem either, and given that, I'm not entirely clear why the owner is so fixed on the previcox as only possible cause of death: I'm no vet, but I'd have thought that an undiagnosed internal injury would be more likely.

If my dog wasn't able to stand, I don't think I'd want to put her through a 9 hour car journey. :unsure:

I thought the same, it still made me cautious though, the owner did seem to be a bit dense regarding the dog.

It is real work , I am talking to them tomorrow to see if they have real money to go with it

Fingers crossed for you flowers.gif

Well HRH has definitly got a sore hip :rolleyes: Vet has prescribed Metacam, lead rest and no haring about/jumping about like a twit. However trying to explain this to Scooby is, well, difficult. :rolleyes: We shall see how he is after 7 days and if he's no better he is to go back. If he is better then it's light off lead excercise for another week, then see how he goes etc etc. If he is no better then he'll have to have more tests :( The vet says he *may* have the onset of arthritis - not good as he is only 5 :( I shall look into hydrotherapy and physiotherapy for him tomorrow. I think he'll prefer hydro. Can peeps with waterpups tell me roughly what it costs on average for a session?

Spuds had arthritis in his knee since he was 6, hasn't slowed him down any, Ben has it in both hips and he's 6, but he's managing just fine. Our Hydro charges £25, I still think thats a lot, especially if your having to do it twice a week with no insurance.

I was so ill last night I didnt even come on here. Had a bad night trying to lie down and breathe, so a gentle day definately

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Hope your feeling better

Daisy is on a diet, what with Ben not eating and leaving a lot of food, my little duck of doom has piled on the pounds and has a funny little wobbly pot belly wub.gif.

Morning.

Just been to Docs, she has prescribed me yet more pills that may/may not work. Last ones haven't so not holding my breath. She has also prescribed me Xenical but warned me that as I am on a stupidly low-fat diet anyway they may not do anything. Fingers crossed though.

Nogs hydro is £20 a session ...

Our Hydro charges £25...

Thankyou :flowers: I tried ringing but their answerphone went all funny and cut me off after asking for my security number :wacko: so I have sent an email.

You take care of yourself and have an easy day :)

Really need to go into town but I daren't leave OH's Aunt here own her own with the dogs with the postman due - she will open the door and let them onto the road - so have to wait for OH or his Mum to get up :glare: Need to take OH for a gentle walk too seeing as we can't go to the park for a while, but again can't leave the house just yet.

when we went to hydro with diez, they asked if i was claiming off the insurance (petplan) i said no that i wanted to pay myself to try and avoid using all of her insurance on swimming, they charge £15 if you pay yourself...might be worth making it plain that you are going to be paying yourself and not claiming on the insurance :flowers: have you tried a magnetic collar?

Nog had 1 previcox last night - his first one, this morning he walked out of the house to the car on all 4 legs, he then jumped down out of the car at hydro and walked across the car park again on all 4 legs ohmy.gif after hydro he reverted to 3 legs rolleyes.gif however he did rarrrr chase nextdoors cat up the garden at a gallop and for the first time since august he used all 4 legs to do so (all galloping up to now has been 3 legged with the occassional push off on the bad leg). He also stood eye locked and fixated on said cat for a full 10 mins with all 4 feet firmly on the floor and muscles twitching biggrin.gif if the cat would just oblige with the same routine every day I'd save a fortune on the hydro laugh.gif

Just got hold of the bloke re hydrotherapy. Its a one hour session, this includes warm up, assesment, swim, wash and dry afterwards. Its £32.50 per session. He will only allow groups of ten bookings to start, these must be paid up front. He will not deal with the insurance companies direct, we pay him then claim the monies back. I cannot pay weekly. Its the same cost if I go through my insurance or by myself.

:huh:

So going to have a looksee if there are any hydro pools locally that won't necessitate the removal of one of my kidneys to pay for it...

Just got hold of the bloke re hydrotherapy. Its a one hour session, this includes warm up, assesment, swim, wash and dry afterwards. Its £32.50 per session. He will only allow groups of ten bookings to start, these must be paid up front. He will not deal with the insurance companies direct, we pay him then claim the monies back. I cannot pay weekly. Its the same cost if I go through my insurance or by myself.

:huh:

So going to have a looksee if there are any hydro pools locally that won't necessitate the removal of one of my kidneys to pay for it...

Have a look here- scroll down for pools.

http://www.natural-animal-health.co.uk/Therapists/Avo-som-wilt-dor.htm#Pools

I'm worn out by coughing and not sleeping, so gave up and went to the walk in clinic at the Docs today. An hour later I need antibiotics and rest.

You can tell I was seen by a male GP. I'm a woman - and just when do we have chance to rest? :rolleyes:

I'm working out if I might just give up and not go into work tomorrow - I suspect my boss and colleagues might be slightly relieved not to have me coughing and sighing all over them!