UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helly, why don't you do your asda shopping online? Or is that your only day out? :laugh:

Alicia, I hope they caught your mums cancer early and can treat it :GroupHug:

Cheryl, don't you know that it takes boys a LOT longer to grow up than girls! :laugh:

Coryn, hope its nothing serious. :GroupHug:

Cheryl :GroupHug: Make sure the agency cover any bank admin fees!

yantan :GroupHug: Hope your eye is better now.

Sandra, at least you have Keira home. :GroupHug: It will take time for the pain to fade. And there will be more tears, but gradually more smiles when you think about her. :wub:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif San Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif getting the ashes makes it all so final mecry.gif

I am a tad fed up of being either very cold, very wet or both. Am currently watching the rugby and finding it a bit of a boring match unsure.gif expect that Snow has reached a state of apoplexy ohmy.gif We'd best be on our very best behaviour later.

Snow currently owes a church warden a bottle of red wine mad.gif Ireland smashing England into little weeny teeny pieces tomorrow will go some way to cheering me up and the £5 I will win from another church warden can at least pay for the wine tongue.gif

Jazz :GroupHug:

Sandra :GroupHug:

Well done Nog :flowers:

Snow, do you think we can beat England tomorrow? Not being a huge fan, I don't even know who was playing who tonight :laugh: Can you fill me in please?

I met my wedding photographer t'other day. Photos are absolutely lovely. I nearly didn't recognise myself :laugh: But I certainly recognised Sirius :biggrin:

Mag's - all patriotism aside England rugby team are awful, even the English rugby pundits say so (Greenwood, Carling, Dawson, Barnes etc) and have been saying so for quite a while, it was very interesting this evening on Rugby Club for them to come right out and speak publicly about what the vast majority of regular rugby supporters have said and known for a long long time regardless of the banter and I hope you lose stuff that goes on, that the England team "spin machine" has been working overtime based on very little actual ability - it isn't however the players fault as such, it is majorly down to Johnson and his spin merchants - yes England have "won" 2 games so far but they didn't "win" then so much as the other teams failed to perform and that includes Wales. The same thing happened last year, England did indeed finish third in the table but the only reason they did was because Italy had an utter brain fart and played Bergamasco as scrum half - a position he had never ever played in and hasn't since - because of that England scored try after try, but even a one legged 90 yr old granny could have scored against that team - needless to say after that game Italy put out a better side and no one else managed to score as many tries - thats the "unfairness" of rugby where position is often gained based on average performances against utterly crap teams but the next game a much better team is out and much harder to score/play against.

Johnson is blinkered and plays favourites instead of building a team for the next world cup like every other nation is currently doing and which is why this years internationals are a bit hit n miss for even the better teams as they play new players and try new set pieces and different tactics etc. France went through 2 years of being absolute rubbish because of that and it seems to be paying off this year as they finally start to "click" Wales and Ireland and even Italy too are building their teams which means very inconsistant performances (not forgetting that both Ireland and Wales supplied the vast majority of the Lions team and as a consequence have carried a load of injured players who have been playing test rugby without a break for almost 2 years now.) It's well known that Johnno does not select on ability/form (Danny Ciprinani being a classic example) moreover his brand of rugby is very slow and old fashioned relying almost entirely on Wilkinson kicking who probably won't even play in the next world cup as he's getting on a bit now. He doesn't listen to his players and the players HAVE to follow HIs orders and game plan even when they can see it going horribly wrong on the field - if they don't follow the plan he will drop them and will never pick them again. Frankly as a Welsh supporter I hope Johnno stays in charge for a good while yet wink.gif but as a rugby supporter I do actually feel bad for the genuine English fans who know all this and have to put up with the casual English fans buying into the spin put out by the management, that spin too is partially why some of what used to be friendly banter between English fans and the other nations supporters has in recent times taken on a harder edge - it's insulting to hear people spout off about how good England are when the truth of the matter is they played against piss poor opposition and if those spouting actually followed rugby they'd be saying yay glad we won but boy we were lucky that they didnt put their first team out and we have work to do ...

Ireland had the potential to beat us all this year - they have had the misfortune however to come up against a very very good French team during a time when they have some injury worries (same as us) they also have some very good new blood coming through albeit that means the team is a bit unsettled with some uncapped youngsters coming into an established team (same as us). They have some concerns for the England game with the new caps and injuries, but they can still out play England who'll just kick and slow and kick and slow same old same old and that makes them predicatble - Ireland will win.

IF ANYONE involved with the team still does not understand that there is serious disillusionment about the performance of England, they could do worse than take a couple of hours to talk to people from the grass roots of rugby. They are, by the way, the vast majority of the English game, which too often is seen as only the upper televised echelon, and they are withering in their assessment of recent performances and more particularly the excuses and assessments given on camera by the England captain and management alike.

A welcome correction to my rugby focus last weekend came in the guise of a visit to Halifax RUFC, a club who tried to pursue the professional path, only to fail, as many others have, but a club who survived, unlike many others, to face a difficult yet sustainable future without debt.

They know rugby in those parts and their simple and direct criticisms were as accurate as they were scathing. They know England are not world-beaters at the moment, but, as one seasoned player put it: they are sick of seven years of being told England are a side in transition, particularly as they cannot see into what it is intended they transform.

He ended by saying that he could not bring himself to watch the last match and that is something about which England should express regret. - Brian Moore

Paula Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I don't need hugs though, I actually don't care one way or the other which I know is an awful thing to say, but I haven't spoken to my sister for nearly 20 years and last time I did she was a very different person to the one she is now. She has turned out so much like my mother, which has just reminded me why I stopped speaking to her. Unfortunately she seems to think that I have to shoulder the blame for this and for the fact we haven't been in touch for so long and apparently I don't care and the least I owe her is an explanation. Apparently I deserted her rolleyes.gif I did point out that she was a grown woman, I don't owe her anything, she could have walked away from my mother and if she really wanted to get in touch with me in the intervening years, she could have done so via certain family members, but the whole getting back in touch thing seems to have affected her on an emotional level, which I am completely oblivious to. One positive thing to come out of it, I always wondered whether I should get back in touch with her and try to form some sort of relationship - now I know I don't want to but I need to figure out how I am going to extricate myself without hurting her feelings (which she has proven fully capable of playing on).

im getting to know my brother again. I did like him when he first came back into my life, but now im seeing his true colours, not so sure. My other brother which I thought was the 'good one' ive heard different. I just dont know any more, so going to speak to them if needed, but not make too much effort.

hugs to all xxxxxx

RMF : Garfy was supposed to be at the vet for a post op check up this morning. True to form, he's done a flit and I can't find him, so have had to cancel the appointment rolleyes.gif He seems absolutely fine though and was munching on biscuits this morning (after he'd eaten the wet food I'd put down for him, fat git).