UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

I have managed to arrange an alternative courier through Shiply, and he rang me straight away to confirm details. If only I'd gone with him in the first place not the other muppet, who apparently is causing havoc for all the other couriers on there.

Fingers crossed that this one won't let me down!

On Monday a school in Liverpool paid £ 20 to get next day delivery ( by 13:00hrs ) sending educational materials for childern in Sri lanka

Yesterday I was contacted by a PR Company with an offer to send me items for use with post op animals not only do we need the items they are offering some help and assitance with other matters so its very very important we get them and use them whilst I am there. If we don't we are going to lose out on promotional help that money could not buy for us

They paid to have the items delivered by 9am today

neither parcel has arrived and I am sitting in the pits of despair, we never get an offers like this and its so bloody unfair that we should lose out on our one chance , equally the childern would so benefit from the items the school has provided

I have everything crossed the postie will arrive any minute but I am leaving here in 45 minutes

Alex :GroupHug:

Hope Darren finds something else soon.

Paws crossed for Sam Squigg and the postal stuff.

Stevie is being miserable today and missing his dad. At least, I think he is a bit miserable. He has that soulful sighthound look in his eyes together with their propensity for doing s*d all for hours on end, so it's hard to say if/how much he is moping. Will have to get him and Wispa out somewhere exciting this afternoon to cheer him up.

There were 3 dogs in my bed last night, and at 4 a.m. Wispa and I woke up feeling far too hot even with no heating on, and W trundled downstairs back to her usual place. Polly and Stevie remained in a sweltering snuggle and didn't budge until 7 when Wispa came up and boinged on all of us :mad:

morning. Ive been bogged down in VAT numbers and payroll printouts this morning. I got somewhat fed up with it and somehow booked a 2 week stay in egypt in november in the middle of doing all my work. It may have co-incided with going outside several times and freezing half to death and wishing i were somewhere hot :laugh:

Alex - go get yourself checked out to be on the safe side :GroupHug:

Just got a mail from someone who has been kicked off one of my Freecycle groups. This guy had previous trawled through all the postings on the group to obtain addresses of everyone offering and requesting items, and bulk emailed all of us saying he is starting a new group where people can advertise items for sale free instead of paying to put them in the local paper. He has subscribed us all to this group and said he would be sending us a monthly newletter unless we mailed him to unsubscribe.

Freecycle mod banned him, and advised members to ignore him. He has now mailed everyone to complain about victimisation by the Freecycle mod who has "declared war" on him and called him a spammer. He wants our support, as the Internet is all about freedom and the norty mod is trying to stop us from being free. He wants to know what we think about the way he has been treated.

I am afraid that I, quite politely, told him what I thought. It may not have been what he wanted to hear :D

Afternoon

Alex hope you've been to A & E and you're at home. :GroupHug:

Went to the GP this morning cos my chest had gone all tight with the lurgy to be told off and sent packing. :unsure: Martyn rang to make the appointment this morning to let me sleep in a bit and they didn't give him chance to discuss my symptoms. I was none the wiser when I turned up. Rang the old helpline and have now been told more than likely Swine Flu. The only treatment available to me now is Tamiflu which they've authorised as gp won't come anywhere near me and I won't have access to normal antibiotics so Martyn has toddled off to get it. I went to work on Monday so my boss is going to be pleased. I'm a temp so now won't be paid at all and I'm supposed to be going to the inlaws for a week on Saturday. Haven't seen them for 18 months so thoroughly peed off. Will have to take the holidays anyway as they're booked so won't be able to go down until next year now and they can't come up here. :mecry:

Went to the GP this morning cos my chest had gone all tight with the lurgy to be told off and sent packing. :unsure:

Oh, what a shame.

Our GP surgery and all the chemist shops have big notices on the door that you have not to enter of you have any flu type symptoms. You have to go home and telephone the number given on the notice.

Michelle, how long have you been feeling ill? if you look up the infectious period for swine flu,they say that people are at their most infectious when they've just developed it, and can shed the virus in coughs and sneezes for up to five days. If you take the Tamiflu today, and are careful with hygiene (buy a bumper box of tissues, hand wipes and medicated wipes for door handles etc) I don't see why you shouldn't still go to see them.

Bearing in mind having the flu I'm not very with it. Normally when I ring to make an appointment I end up telling them what is the matter before I get one. Today all they took from Martyn was my name. Not my address or anything. I assumed Martyn had had a normal conversation with them. It was when I saw a sign on reception that said if you have 2 or more of the symptoms we will move you to another area. So I said that's me then. To be told they haven't got an area and to beggar off.

I've had this since Friday night Suzeanna. Have got to take Tamiflu for 5 days and have been told although I should start to feel better I'm not to go anywhere until I've finished the course. I deffo won't put the inlaws in any risk. Mum has emphysema and already has a chest infection at the mo and dad is awaiting corrective surgery and still hasn't recovered from his last lot. At best we might end up being able to go see them a few days. Will just have to see.