UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nog's Progress - updated 29th September 2010

snow

I had a sore on my leg, Bonnie caught my leg with her nails as she was running past and ripped the skin, it wouldn't heal until silver dressings were used, it healed really well then. As Ange says, Manuka honey is also good, it is now used in hospitals for difficult sores.

Reiki will continue to come for Nog. :GroupHug:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear of Nog's set backs. Re his weight loss - this may go against everything you've ever fed but tripe is absolutley brilliant for putting on weight and I've never met a dog yet who doesn't just hoover it up. Pets@Home do tripe mince frozen in 2kg bags or 500gm blocks. It's very nutritious. You could mix it with a mixer bikkies or terrier meal if Nog doesn't like anything too crunchy.

Thanks guys, Ange I'll mention the honey to Hannes on Wednesday along with a chase up on the comfrey/knitbone question, the dressing today has some form of paraffin base and includes some webby type mesh which they hope will provide a base for the skin to attach itself to, that sounds to me like the seaweedy type stuff my German Shepherd was part of the original trials for about 15 years ago.

Nog's now had a bowl of scrambled eggs with grated cheese and cooked ham followed by the remains of my omelet, that didn't even touch the sides going down laugh.gif creamed rice sounds like an ideal bed time snack and I do have a tin or 2 in the cupboard so will definately give that a go.

Reiki is still very much appreciated I really would like to avoid any further surgery for Nog's sake.

Lots more good thoughts for Nog :GroupHug: Another vote for Manuka honey here. Cherry was saved from having a skin graft because the manuka honey healed her wound, even over a gap! :flowers:

And not that I have any "proof" of Manuka honey working - but I think it's quite well documented isn't it? - but the first time I heard of it for wound healing was when a friend told me of a dog she knew, who had been attacked very badly by another dog. Had a wound on the shoulder that just wouldn't heal and they were looking at surgery but it was a really bad place to heal from that, with all the movement I guess. The owner happened to read an article in one of the newspapers about Manuka honey and gave it a go - and it healed the wound with no need for surgery. Apparently the vet was so impressed they started keeping Manuka at the surgery :)

Sending lots more positive thoughts for Nog Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I was going to suggest adding suet to his food as well, even better if it's melted cos it coats the food flowers.gif

I have some Manuka honey which Billy kindly gave me for Milly (have several jars of it so I am sure Billy wouldn't mind donating one to Nog) so will pop some in the post if you are interested?