UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Thank you Alex :liebe94: Will save the recipe and treat them to some smoked salmon next time I do a shop :)

If you go to Asda or Sainsburys they both do 'smoked salmon trimmings' which is about 88p for a packet :flowers:

Merledogs - like the sound of the recipe - and need something to take my mind of stuff.

But is everything in mls? Like the flour and cheese and stuff? Rather than grammes? :unsure:

I think it must be an american cup cos they use ml a lot. Look here for conversions. 500ml is equivalent to one pint or two cups, if that helps :flowers: You don't need to be too precise cos you can just add a bit of flour or oil if it feels too wet/dry.

Forgot - another thing I use quite a bit is honey. Since Billy gave me the Manuka Honey I've made some biccies with that.

If you are not bothered about whether they brown, you can also bake them in a slab in the microwave and then chop up afterwards into treat sized pieces.

Edited by merledogs

Evening. Have been running round all day so am now enjoying a mug of coffee. Think I'm going to follow it with another too. Dogs have been out and are pooped. Martyn is at Creamfields. I've been ferrying him backwards and forwards all weekend. Went to bed at 4am. Got up at 9am. Am going to have a lovely peaceful evening just pleasing myself tonight until I go get him around 11pm.

Well done flyball dog Wispa biggrin.gif

Hello chickens wavey.gif

RMproudmumF - Finn and I have been agilitying this weekend and he's been an even bigger star than normal wub.gif We've come home with a 13th, 3 7ths, a 5th and a 3rd which I am just so pleased with, especially as we are grade 3 which has really big classes, and some of the classes were combined with other grades too. He really tried had for me anddidn't put a foot wrong all weekend wub.gif I luffs my boy wub.gif (I luff Billy too of course, but he stayed with friends which he much prefers to agility!!

RMplantF - I'm going to Power Plant tonight at the botanical gardens - it's a light and sound installation thing and it looks great!

We're a little concerned about Nog, last night he threw up the entire contents of his tummy and then some, today he is very depressed he's eating only when hand fed and then only small amounts of what takes his fancy, which is Ok but a little worrying when combined with the depression. He still desperately wants to be up here and even tho he hasn't been left alone at all since this happened even at night, he just seems miserable. I know he's bored, he's been offered chews, & toys but he wont even look at them - he just lays there staring at the door to the hall and heaving great big sighs. He doesn't appear to be in any discomfort, he still gets about and goes for a wee and a sniff round the garden but when he comes back in he just lays down and looks miserably at the door. Nick came over to see him and brought some gravy bones, Nog took one but then went back to gazing longingly at the door.... he was pleased to see Nick but as soon as Nick had gone Nog went back to being depressed.

One of my greyhounds really cant tolerate rymadil and it makes him vomit lots, even when I go to great pains to make sure he has eaten first. It may be that Nogs meds are not agreeing with him, but I would certainly ring the vets to check.

If Nog is so unhappy downstairs, can he not be carried up now and again and spend time with you where he would normally be. It might cheer him up a bit ?

Michelle we can hear Creamfields. It's about 4 miles down the road. Adam said I shouted in my sleep last 'turn that fecking music down' thats how loud it is :laugh:

Barrage of car honkings and drunkards as well due to Wolves winning the rugby.

We have not long been back from Marbury. We are awful parents as well :mellow: Molly was prancing around across some logs when she literally jumped and fell into a ditch. Panicked for a few seconds then she came out covered in mud looking mortified. Checked her over then we started laughing to the point we were crying vos it was so comical. (Obviously it wouldnt have been if she was hurt...)

After his great escape up here Rob carried him back down and found it very nerve wracking, Nogs a big lump of a dog plus the way you have to carry him to avoid all the bruising on the leg and the cast etc meant he couldnt see his own feet going down and he found it really frightening in case he dropped Nog. We may try that again after the leg is properly plated/screwed and if the depression doesn't lift, mean time we're now having a debate about whether letting Nog go out even for a 10 yrd walk to the top of the street and back might make him think he's had his walkies and cheer him up a bit ...

Sam he's on Rymadyl and some AB's the name of which escapes me for the moment I'll go check in a min lol

eta: AB's are Clavucill - Nogs just taken the evening dose of AB's and Rimadyl with some of MY chicken liver pate rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

some of the dogs post op in Sri Lanka have really been really really flat and lost their appetite totally on tablet Rimadyl, its an excellent drug but like all drugs it does not suit every animal

Equally Nogs depression may be shock ? breaking the leg ( Shock ) coupled with sedation / GA for xrays could be making him feel a bit crap

can you speak with your vet over the bank holiday weekend just to check ?

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
lack of correct spelling

Not surprised Cheryl. Apparently they've paid people who live in the road to stay in hotels. Chester Road was closed off yesterday. I've been running the taxi service to and from the pub at Walton.

It's typical that he decided to go back there around 3 today only guess when we actually did. Around 4pm when the hordes of Wolves supporters were all going to the stadium as the team were coming home with the cup. All marching in the road. I heard a few honks and thought people were beeping me cos there was something wrong with my car. Then noticed they all had the rugby flags flying from their cars. Got closer to town and it was obvious what was happening.

We can call the hospital if he gets any flatter, they handle all the out of hours stuff for our practice and they are the ones who'll be taking him in tomorrow evening. I'm pretty sure the vomiting was down to us giving him far too much rich stuff yesterday to "spoil" him - he didnt vomit today after the rimadyl & ab's this morning and he's had rimadyl previously without any side effects. I'm sure he's feeling sorry for himself and with good reason, he is fed up of just laying down but can't stand up or run about as he would like to so he doesnt quite know what to do with himself bless. And he really really wants to be up here as this is where he would spend the vast majority of the day and of course all night.