UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Evening. Annoying day at work. When one partner goes on holiday the others start messing about. Feel sorry for those that are stuck there permanently cos they're not appreciated and are treated appallingly.

Cher I find things like that comforting. Like a reminder of your gorgeous girl. I believe in the after life. Timing is amazing. :GroupHug:

Marian sorry to hear you're snotty. :GroupHug: Hope you're better very soon.

:GroupHug: to anyone in need cos my head is like cotton wool at the moment. It's trying to rain here but struggling to.

I have no idea when my contract is supposed to finish Cheryl. I was told originally September but I actually met the girl whose job I'm covering (she's on maternity leave) and she laughed and said she's not back until November. I can't afford the course at Newton so I've given up on that one. I drive myself nuts trying to think of something I can do so I can work from home or away from home for a few hours but working for myself.

Evening! :wavey:

Me n the Sparks have been for another tootle/run this evening. Still the same 2 miles and it was hard work! Sparks was panting so much I thought I'd worn him out, but after his dinner he's done his very best to get someone to wrestle with him. He first whacked Sophie over the head with his paw, but she took it firmly between her jaws, with a look on her face that said "don't mess with me, alright!" He's left her alone since :laugh: He then whacked Kiera over the head, and she took the bait more readily, so now they're chewing on eachother. Really thought I'd given them enough to eat! :ohmy:

I have the new job :elefant:

I start 1st sept.

No longer a manager, bit of a sideways step, but a little more money, and can work from home as much as I like as long as I can go to the office(s) when needed.

Can't believe that my meeting today was as easy as it was, everything I said I wanted to do was agreed to, I'll be able to work at a more corporate level, have better links to product management and development (product management is eventually where I want to go). And although I won't be working a 9 day fortnight anymore, for the days I work from home, I will get 3hrs a day back from not commuting - how cool is that!

4.30am wake up calls will be a thing of the past :D

sweet

My thoughts exactly.

Excellent news, well worth a dancing pink elephant :biggrin:

It is! Best bit is as I won't be application engineering manager anymore, I dont' have to be the sucker inbetween engineers and sales which means I don't have to deal with demanding unreasonable sales men who expect an engineer to prepare a demo at no notice which means the engineer has to work all bloody evening creating it all for the next day. No longer will I have to argue every sodding day that it is unfair etc etc. I get to do tech support for existing customers, and the backline support of our software to the rest of the company. Plus all the other bits that I want to do - creating training material, working with product management/development on new release updates/testing, visiting "special" customers occasionally to keep them happy. All the stuff I like doing without having to do the other crap - yay for me!

Just had a thought, Billy, about your rude upstairs neighbour. I didn't realise until your posting the other day that he is a psychologist. If he says anything more about the dogs being your enemies, you could tell him he is projecting his own hostility on to the dogs. And if you really want to hit below the belt, you could say he really likes you and wants to be friends, but is in denial. :D