UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Miscarriages

Amanda Jvv

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have answers!! The hospital called me for a scan and I had to rush from work to make it.

Well I AM pregnant! We had an ultrasound and I am apparently around 5-6 weeks as the 'bean' is 5mm long AND we saw a heartbeat!!

What an amazing sight. I am shocked. To go from the shock of being told you have a miscarriage without even realising you were pregnant to actually being pregnant!! The scan did show I have a CLC on one of my ovaries (didnt say whether thats good or bad but google says it's a normal cyst type thing :laugh: ) The scan says at 5mm I must be about 5-6 weeks, based on calculations I should be 7-8 weeks so now I just wait for the next scan.

So its early days now and I have to try and not be too excited but its a long way off from where we were!

I'm utterly shocked. This would be my first pregnancy so have no idea what to expect but just know that the next 6 weeks are the ones to watch!

Thank you a million times over for all your support and advice and sharing stories. You all made me take action and I am glad I did! :GroupHug:

:partytime: Brilliant news. I wouldn't worry too much over the size of the baby yet, it's got a heartbeat and that's the most important thing. When they're that small a mm here or there makes such a difference to the estimate of how far along you are and it's so difficult to measure something so small precisely so a week or two either side is an easy mistake to make. Also, if you conceived later on during your cycle rather than slap bang in the middle bean will not have grown as much as one conceived on day 14. Georgia was conceived on day 23 of a 28 day cycle, sounds impossible but she's living proof!