UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Miscarriages

Amanda Jvv

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone! I'm still in shock but in such awe that this tiny tiny little being only 5mm long can have a heartbeat!

There is a bit of spotting that has started but am trying not to worry as it's 'normal'.

I'm so pleased that your pleased about your unexpected surprise.

Still a way to go, but there's going to be lots of folks very interested in your well being now. :)

No-one's mentioned ginger biscuits yet - for the sicky feelings that is. :unsure:

Thanks, I will be buying some ginger biscuits at lunch today. My lunchbox currently consists of 4 ryvita biscuits, a muesli bar and 2 apples. Can't bare the thought of anything else.

I managed 3 spoons of yoghurt for breakfast.

It's going to be hard to keep my excitement and worry contained for 6 weeks. Apart from fugees only our parents and two friends know so we are keeping it quiet. But with the power of positive fugee thoughts I am not too worried.

The good thing now is I am banned from cat litter duties and with 3 cats I couldn't be happier :laugh:

Edited by Amanda Jvv

:partytime: Brilliant news. I wouldn't worry too much over the size of the baby yet, it's got a heartbeat and that's the most important thing. When they're that small a mm here or there makes such a difference to the estimate of how far along you are and it's so difficult to measure something so small precisely so a week or two either side is an easy mistake to make. Also, if you conceived later on during your cycle rather than slap bang in the middle bean will not have grown as much as one conceived on day 14. Georgia was conceived on day 23 of a 28 day cycle, sounds impossible but she's living proof!

I am so dumb when it comes to all my calculations but I know the exact date conception could have taken place (ha ha it was slow month!) so how do I work all this out? Its fascinating me now.

If you have a 28 day cycle, ovulation is around day 14 with your period arriving on day 28 if you're not pregnant. If you are then day 28 = 4 weeks pregnant. It sounds silly because the baby hasn't been growing for four weeks, for two weeks it wasn't even there! So take two women who are five weeks pregnant, if one conceived on day 14 and the other, like me for instance, on day 23, a scan at five weeks is going to show two different sized babies yet they'd both be considered five weeks pregnant even if the scan didn't show that.

If you have a 28 day cycle, ovulation is around day 14 with your period arriving on day 28 if you're not pregnant. If you are then day 28 = 4 weeks pregnant. It sounds silly because the baby hasn't been growing for four weeks, for two weeks it wasn't even there! So take two women who are five weeks pregnant, if one conceived on day 14 and the other, like me for instance, on day 23, a scan at five weeks is going to show two different sized babies yet they'd both be considered five weeks pregnant even if the scan didn't show that.

ok I understand that so if I conceived on day 15 of a 32 day cycle that would make me what?

You'd still be four weeks pregnant on the day your period was due. Because of the conception date some scans at five weeks will show different sized babies to others, and it's impossible to accurately measure something the size of a matchstick head, a mm here or there seems to make a lot of difference to their calculations, so I wouldn't worry about the scan dates being different to your own ones.

You'd still be four weeks pregnant on the day your period was due. Because of the conception date some scans at five weeks will show different sized babies to others, and it's impossible to accurately measure something the size of a matchstick head, a mm here or there seems to make a lot of difference to their calculations, so I wouldn't worry about the scan dates being different to your own ones.

Thanks! I was just hoping the 12 week scan could come around quicker than they think! :laugh:

Not sure if this will give some idea

http://www.justparents.co.uk/pregnancy/too...calculator.html

xxx

Oooh thanks for that! It got the conception date spot on and says my 12 weeks ends 5 Aug - doesnt seem so far when it has a date! I've got to take my notes from scan to the Dr this week so they can get me in touch with a midwife. That is the on overwhelming part so far having to figure out what I am supposed to be doing/ arranging as far as appointments etc go.

Oooh thanks for that! It got the conception date spot on and says my 12 weeks ends 5 Aug - doesnt seem so far when it has a date! I've got to take my notes from scan to the Dr this week so they can get me in touch with a midwife. That is the on overwhelming part so far having to figure out what I am supposed to be doing/ arranging as far as appointments etc go.

my pleasure - it's all very exciting, and if like me I like facts, figures and dates (no I'm not pregnant to anyone thinking otherwise) but I like a degree of control over the uncontrollable!!

Good luck with your pregnancy, now feet up and relax!

xx