UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Miscarriages

Amanda Jvv

Wow, congratulations, that's fabulous news :biggrin: :flowers:

I heard some woman on the radio the other day who makes naturally flavoured ice pops for pregnant ladies, that apparently help with nausea - ginger and mint in them I think. She was unable to eat or drink anything without throwing up for ages, and chewing on ice was the only thing she could manage. The website is www.lillipops.com, might be worth a try if you are suffering with sickness.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, congratulations, that's fabulous news :biggrin: :flowers:

I heard some woman on the radio the other day who makes naturally flavoured ice pops for pregnant ladies, that apparently help with nausea - ginger and mint in them I think. She was unable to eat or drink anything without throwing up for ages, and chewing on ice was the only thing she could manage. The website is www.lillipops.com, might be worth a try if you are suffering with sickness.

I heard that on the radio at the time and thought 'oh what a good idea' but paid no attention to it as I didnt know I was pregnant. I was asking my husband last night if he remembered what they were called! So far I am managing fruit & veg and dry biscuits so thats ok. Cleaning my teeth has become a problem because I spend the whole time gagging.

Thank you!! It was exactly what I was looking for!

As you know the conception date see if you can get it added to your notes...... going back many years I worked with a lady who knew the date (her husband was away most of the time and she was a faithful wife) but the hospital insisted that her dates were out!!! When the baby was induced he was premature but at the right stage for if they had listened to her.

How are you feeling hun?? :flowers:

Not bad! I had a awful day of nausea yesterday - lasted the whole day as it does most days. Today I am doing ok. I've got my first appointment with the midwife next week and I saw my Dr on Friday and she was happy with my overall health. She is convinced that I miscarried a twin (not that we'll ever know the answer) and that I am further along than the scan said.

Hubby and I are still in shock but slowly getting used to the idea and very excited! Its hard not to start making plans so we are just going to go with it rather than feel all doom and gloom. It survived the last miscarriage so that is a very positive sign along with the morning all day sickness and having already seen the heartbeat.

Thanks for asking!! I am biting my tongue trying not to blab and bore the world with it all (yet!).