UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went home at 11 ish to let the dogs out as I had to run an errand to Argos anyway, so I detoured on my way back to save me having to go back again at lunchtime. It was too hot in the living room where they are usually left during the day, so I left the door open and gave them the run of the house (apart from the kitchen) as it's much cooler in the hall. I wonder what they'll manage to wreck by the time I get home :rolleyes: :unsure:

Hi Catherine. Welcome to the "sensible" thread. :D

I’ve been lurking all month. Sorry for folks who are not having good times for all sorts of reasons.

RMF. I have just tipped some of my lunch down myself, which, owing to the oversize of my upper body has now left tomato and salad dressing stains in a prominent position on my cream top. So, when I have to go and collect some paperwork from one of the Directors this afternoon, I’m going to look a right t.t!

RMF2. I have started one new thread today, and now I want to start another one. But I think that’s greedy, so I’m going to have to wait for another day.

You don't often see a sign like that indoors :laugh: Do tell me what he used the clingfilm for. Don't remember anything about that at bee classes.

I have taken a table and chair outside with laptop etc and am sitting here in the shade. Somehow I feel more like getting stuff done out here, and have written a complicated email which had been put off for ages. Wispa is out here dozing, but Polly thinks we are mad and has told us off and gone indoors.

I am walking in to have a whinge

I have taken 14 separate flights with Sri Lanka Airlines in the last 30 months, when they were in partnership with Emirates they were top bananas but after the fall out between the 2 and thats a story all on its own they became unable to run a frequent flyer program

in fact on some flights they run out of food and water :ohmy: and once at Heathrow I sat around for hours whilst they sorted out payment to re fuel the plane

today after a long battle I have conceded that they have indeed lost the records of my last 6 flights and my emirates transferred points and they cannot/will not credit them to me even though they themselves had no frequent flyer card system in place and I did every thing they said too whilst they sorted it

They have addressed emails to other passengers to me and I strongly suspect a Dr Rajinder has my top tier miles and today they added insult to injury by downgrading me to basic level and taking away my extra baggage allowance

I have lost the value of a free return flight and all my saved miles are gone gone gone and it seems no one but no one can do anything about it

I have now made the decision to fly via Emirates , the journeys will be longer and involve transfers and the prices not as cheap but they do run a great frequent flyer program

The downside is Emirates basic luggage allowance and 10 kilos less and it will take me about a year to get the upgrades so I am down a stunning 20 kilos a trip on allowance and thats how I get most of the donations out there

If I was not so bloody sick and tired of them I could cry and cry but I just don't have the energy

if you are still here thanks for reading ( I just needed to type it out and rant a bit )

Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sam, if I were you I'd get the name of the CEO or similar at the original air line and put everything you've told us in writing, by post not email, including the reason you go out to Sri Lanka. That's really not a good way to treat a paying customer :( :GroupHug: and in my experience things aimed as high as you can tend to be better dealt with from the customer's point of view :flowers:

That's good, Jazz.

HLGS you have every right to complain, it's a mess and it is very unfair.

Pete has made contact and my car will be fixed tomorrow. :biggrin:

The humidity has got to Wispa. She ate no breakfast and seems quite lethargic. Apart from not eating she is acting like a normal dog as opposed to a normal Wispa. It's very strange :unsure: but I can't find anything wrong with her. If she doesn't get her boing back when it gets cooler this evening I will start to worry.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bee-photo-02.jpg

RMF : I went to B&Q at lunchtime and of course I came away with another plant and tub to put it in :rolleyes: It's an Oleander. Thing is, when I Googled it, Wikipedia tells me it is extremely poisonous when ingested, so I am a bit worried now :unsure:

Sam, if I were you I'd get the name of the CEO or similar at the original air line and put everything you've told us in writing, by post not email, including the reason you go out to Sri Lanka. That's really not a good way to treat a paying customer :( :GroupHug: and in my experience things aimed as high as you can tend to be better dealt with from the customer's point of view :flowers:

Its goverment owned and its does not do well to complain to/about anything Goverment owned if you want a extended visa / entry permit

I will find the story about how Sri Lanka airlines became Goverment owned and you will see why I am not going at it all guns blazing