UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oh Wow - We Had A Bit Of A Drama On This Morning's Walk

Yantan

I took the boys out to some fields near the Druids Circle this morning as it was so wet and nasty and I thought George could just pootle whilst The Archibald had some fun with a ball.

Well all was going to plan when I suddenly spotted George going hell for leather down the field towards what is normally a small stream no more than ankle deep. However it was in full spate this morning due to the overnight rain and tho probably no deeper than my knees it was running really fast.

I knew what George was planning - he likes to sit in the water- but I knew if he got in it he'd be swept away. I set off like an Olympic athlete running down stream to George as I realised once in the water he would be away, also casting my coat as I went in case I had to plunge in and it might have dragged me down. I hurdled a barbed wire fence set at hip height - how I don't know as those people who have met me can attest to the fact that I am no light weight!

However I was on a downward slope so went arse over tit from the jump and came to a stop sitting on the stream bank with my legs out in the water JUST as George came by, washed down as I had thought! I got my legs round him and reached over and managed to grab him with my left and much stronger arm and heaved him out. He gave me a lick and trotted up the field to see Archie as tho nowt had happened! .

Can't believe - and not for the first time - how clear my thinking was. I'm not one who stands and flaps and thank goodness as George could easily have drowned. Of course I am blaming myself for taking them there but I really didn't think that the stream would present a problem today. I've never known George want to paddle and wallow whilst it's actually raining.

So please be careful folks when you are walking close to water as it only takes a moment for potential tragedy.

And Wenders if you are reading this - the noo towel came into it's own this morning. Thank you :flowers:

Well done Marion, you must be completely soaked as well as suffering from after-effects of adrenaline rush.

NOT so well done George, you daft fellow :rolleyes: Try and find a brain cell or two among all the fluff next time, mate!