UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

:ohmy:

That is the only food Korky will eat now. Mine are on the Gold. Is that the same as the others I wonder? Shite if it is. :( Looks like Korky will have to go back on Superdog Sensitive whether she likes it or not!. :rolleyes:

Kazz, let me bring you some Pero on Sunday to try her on. Its got added joint supplements and is low fat for chunky labradors. :wink: And its not tested on animals. Ingredients

Billy apologies for going off topic. :flowers:

I am so sorry that you didnt get better news for Mal. :GroupHug: These old dogs are always a worry aren't they. :( Come and 'shed your tears' on here all you like but as you said, you need to be strong for Mal and the other guys. Enjoy Mal just being the character that is Mal. I'm sure that he will love having you cook for him, and being royalty will always demand the best. And in fact, would probably like a choice of menu on a daily basis! The link that Anne posted looks really good. I hope you can get some information from there to help you sort out our fugee prince' diet. :wub:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Billy :GroupHug: I'm so sorry the news wasn't better.

I've no suggestions about food, but I would say that it's never a good idea to change a dog's diet suddenly, so whatever you decide to give him, it's a good idea to mix it with his usual food in small quantities first until his tummy gets used to it.

I hope you get to spend some quality time with the handsome Mal :GroupHug:

Kazz, if you look on the Gilpa site, there's a PDF with ingredients for each of their foods. Here's the one for the gold and it does contain BHA/BHT too, sorry :( http://www.gilpa.co.uk/downloadlibrary/Dr_John_Gold_A5.pdf. At least they are honest about naming them I guess, some just say "EC permitted ...".

Sorry Billy for going off topic :flowers:

Thanks for that Ange, it's going in the bin tomorrow then!!

Kazz, let me bring you some Pero on Sunday to try her on. Its got added joint supplements and is low fat for chunky labradors. :wink: And its not tested on animals. Ingredients

Billy apologies for going off topic. :flowers:

I am so sorry that you didnt get better news for Mal. :GroupHug: These old dogs are always a worry aren't they. :( Come and 'shed your tears' on here all you like but as you said, you need to be strong for Mal and the other guys. Enjoy Mal just being the character that is Mal. I'm sure that he will love having you cook for him, and being royalty will always demand the best. And in fact, would probably like a choice of menu on a daily basis! The link that Anne posted looks really good. I hope you can get some information from there to help you sort out our fugee prince' diet. :wub:

Pero?? Is that the ring things?

Sorry off topic.

Still thinking of you and Mal Billy :GroupHug:

Very disappointing news Billy :( Don't give up hope though but just take a look at this CV247

I hope the vet is wrong but if there is a possibility of a tumour it is worth trying but you have to convince your vet that it is worth trying!

If you look at 'Bramble's Story' that is about a little dog I had many years ago and that is how I first got involved with the treatment.

Our little Beagle, Jan is on it now and has been for about 2 months and she is doing well. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma last December and went on a course of chemo' but although she was ok for a while after 12 weeks she started to have unpleasant side effects.

Our vet had been trying to get hold of CV247 for a very long time but couldn't because it wasn't licensed here until January this year but he got stocks of it as soon as he could and is now using it on a few of his patients.

If you read the link there is advice on the diet which if you can get them to eat it is the best support for the therapy but other than that a low protein/fat diet and organic. Jan has all the veggies and is on Burns Organic which seems to suit her.

Just a suggestion anyway.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: