UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to add in some SA37 powder to try and get vitamins and minerals into her :wink:

SA37 is not a good idea it contains ethoxyquin which is a carcinogen. There are good vitamin supplements around but this isn't one of them. I use Seafeed which you can buy online

Mal gets 'Vionate' vit/min supplement in his dinner - when he eats it :rolleyes: Mal's had the same night as the last 3 nights: getting up at about 1, wanting a drink and a wee, then comes back to bed, gets restless, goes out of bed, lies on the floor, goes for a drink, lies on the floor some more, then shifts to his sofa (at least he now manages to clamber back up on it) and goes to sleep again. He's also more clingy than he has been before, so he must really not be feeling well, poor lad :( :( We'll see how much fish n rice we can get down him for breakfast, and my neighbour said she'll pop in a few times today to see how he is. Taking him over to hers wouldn't be the best of ideas as she lives on the 2nd floor - Mal very likely can't manage the stairs at the moment :( :(

Thank you ever so much for all your support. Reading your messages makes me :mecry: again, but they really mean a lot to me.

Mal gets 'Vionate' vit/min supplement in his dinner - when he eats it :rolleyes:

Vionate contains BHT which is another carcinogen. You should avoid any supplement or dog food that contains BHA, BHT and ethoxyquin - there are all EEC approved antioxidants and are used as preservatives but are known to cause cancer.

Still sending good thoughts and healing vibes and anything I can muster for the dear old boy

Anne

Edited by Anne Grose