UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend?

ranirottie

Or I have a 4 man tent (minus the men) or a brand new never even been out of its bag 3 man tent that one day I will get around to selling v cheap (think the 3 man tent cost me £10 in a sale at Tesco so could be sold for a £5 donation to the Oldies Club).....

The towbar gets fitted tomorrow!!! Have a committee meeting for CARE tomorrow night but the plan is that Thursday night I hitch up the caravan and head down the road to the industrial estate to get used to things like towing, corners, roundabouts and reversing..... then off for the weekend camping!!

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to the chippy owner at the weekend to warn him after last years debarcle! hee hee!

he was very grateful, and asked if we wouldn't mind phoning through our order for the friday on the Thursday, if we go back to them, which I expect we will after all that travelling :wink:

I will scan a menu and attach it here if I can :wacko: I'm not the best at organising, so if anyone wants to take the orders and phoning through job, that would be super, otherwise if no one does, I'm happy to try :wink:

xx

After Wendy came to see me on Friday and brought me a bag of books, I have been wondering if any fugees would be interested in a book swap whilst at camp. Bring along your paperbacks that you've read and if another fugee wants one of the books, put a donation in the Oldies Club pot. If fugees don't want to take any books home with them again after camp I can probably squeeze them in the car somewhere nd we may be able to sell them at a car boot/ fundraising stall/ event later in the summer.

Any views/ opinions please :unsure:

I have some gardening books I'm never going to use,shall I bring these or are you thinking fiction only?

Sorry you can't make it Neoclassic Perk :(

:mecry: We've had to cancel I'm afraid - changes in family circumstances mean it won't be practical for us to get to the mainland that weekend - sorry :mecry:

Sorry to hear that you can't make it :( Hope you are ok.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stay the weekend now either, will decide in a few weeks. Am hoping we might still be able to come up for a few hours if I can't do the weekend.

Can't wait. I was thinking after reading the book swap idea. What about a mini car boot type event for people to swap/sell their unwanted doggy items with a percentage going to the Oldies Club?

After a clean out of my doggy cupboard I have loads of collars and stuff that my lot have grown out of but never/rarely worn that may be of interest to someone else?

doggy.lover I wondered about that too but think we may have problems with the site if we set up a stall selling things? The book swap would be easier to do as people can just dive into a box/bag and take what they want.Maybe a committe member could check and see,it's such a fab place we don't want to give them a chance to have any problems with us.

We might try and visit one of the days all being well. :ohmy: Are you allowed onto the campsite if you're not resident there?

Yes, you can buy a day pass to the campsite - I think last year it was only about £1 :flowers:

It would be great if you could make it for a visit!