UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend?

ranirottie

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err no, camping with my 3 would be an absolute nightmare

If Archie needed a wee in the night he just gets up, cocks a leg and goes back to bed

no warning, no notice no nothing.

So imagine me asleep in the tent with that going on, and being in range so to speak

I was thinking of bobbinf down for the day if

a), it was a reasonable distance

and

b) I was not either in Swindon or Leeds that weekend.

where is it again ???

:biggrin:

If Archie needed a wee in the night he just gets up, cocks a leg and goes back to bed

no warning, no notice no nothing.

My parents are staying and funnily enough twice last night I had to ask my father what he was doing trying to get into the airing cupboard!!! He said he could not find the bathroom so I told him a big clue was it was the room with all the white porcelein in it (he makes out he is far more confused than he actually is these days...... strangely enough when Toastie had a fit yesterday the frail, doddery, deaf old man who has to hang onto doorframes to get over the back step was the one who with no wobbliness followed him round the garden, picking him up when he fell over, making sure he got up and down the steps ok and that the other did not knock him over)

Edited by buddyboy

It's still looking very unlikely we'll be able to do this weekend. I've no idea if the B&B still has places or if it's full, but if anyone tried to book into the B&B and couldn't, let me know and maybe if they don't have a waiting list, my booking could be transferred.

Cheryl, last year we all brought a disposable bbq, and sausages/burgers/anything else and buns, and we had a big bbq together. There was lots left over, the dogs didnt complain about having to eat all the left overs!

We also all brought something to drink.

I would recommend a torch for walking after dark.

Some picnic gear, unbreakable plate, and beaker. Also a picnic blanket with a waterproof bottom is really useful if the grass is damp. Oh, I also brought one of those cheap collapsable chairs (asda £7.00) That was very useful, although there were spare ones around.

I'm sure others will think of some other things.

Ange, I hope you manage to get there for a day, I didnt get to say hello to you last time.

Edited by BeadyP

bought two disposable BBQs, plastic plates and plastic knives and forks wooo a fiver for it all from Asda

Just need a tent now :laugh:

Cheryl, I've got a spare tent if you want it - it's a 2-3 man tent, it fitted Malcolm, Kiera and me and stuff like cooker etc in the 'porch' bit. Should do you and Henry just fine :) Ive checked it over last year and then it was fine, I'll hang it out on the washing line for a bit to get rid of that musky "rolled-up-in-a-bag-for-a-year" smell if you want to take your chances. If you like it and want to keep it then please give a donation to the Oldies Club, if not you can give it back and I'll try to flog it to someone else :wink:

I'm bringing my camping cooker, as I'm not a BBQ fan: staring at the bl00dy BBQ for half an hour to end up with a sausage that is half black/half raw is not my kinda thing. :wacko:

Val - on your list could you possibly delete Malcolm's name if you haven't already done that? I've not looked again but I know that seeing his name on the list would make me really sad :mecry:

we have our caravan with everything in it so if anyone needs to borrow anything that they have forgotten,like Val and the tin opener :laugh: , please feel free to come and ask.

I know there was a suggestion of a book swap stall, did that go any further? If so,could we have a bric a brac table with all proceeds to the OC? I was tidying my tip bedroom and I have lots of new odds and ends that I could donate. My son works for Avon so lots of perfume,jewelry bits,make up,candles etc.I also have some smallish matching harness/lead sets. If we only kept the stall to ourselves they shouldn't mind should they. I am sure that we all have odd unwanted bits lying around.x