UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend?

ranirottie

We will be in the caravan but I will bring both my spare tents as well in case anyone needs one (4 man tent - has been used in howling gale without collapsing or letting in rain, 3 man tent never even been out of the bag.... both available to be taken off my hands for a donation to Oldies Club).

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top tips on camping for first timers - is bring lots of carrier bags for washing, poo picking up and the diff rubbish, as they have good recycling facilities at the camp site.

Also handwash that doesn't need water (superdrug) and baby wipes are essential! :flowers:

so excited about this. I thin its about 5 weeks away?

As a camping novice, what does one take? Tent, sleeping bag, dog obviosly but what about things like disposable BBQs, etc?? :unsure:

if you can get a roll of matt so your not actually on the grown this

helps too, its usually the same or similar length as the sleeping

bag and gives a little bit of insulation needed when camping (even in summer)

and food!! prepacked nibbly bits and water. There is a nice little shop there that sells most things,including delicious home made cakes,but if you get hungry in the night its nice to grab something tasty. (that is food not a fella !! :rolleyes: ) x

Newsflash!

The lovely people at the campsite will be letting us use one of their fields so we have the following things to do.

Saturday morning/early afternoon

Mini agility

With awards for the best in each category - women, men and children

Saturday afternoon

Bring and Buy Sale

Please bring your pre-loved items or something shiny and new so we can hopefully raise a few more pennies for the dogs and all grab a bargain in the process!

Saturday evening

Independence Day BBQ

To celebrate with our American friends on 4th July, we're having a themed BBQ so dig out your stars and stripes, dress up as the Statue of Liberty and bring plenty of apple pie. Get into the spirit of things for the evening and go all American!

:beerchug: :cheer: