UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Thanks everyone I am soo pleased.

I now own a pair of comedy jeans, that are HUGE and I can't keep them up. SO thats good news.

I've orders some new jeans and a new top to celebrate the loss. I will be going through my wardrobe and getting rid of the clothes that are too big for me as well. :)

Are you going to keep the 'comedy jeans' as a reminder :unsure: I know some people losing weight find that this helps them to stay focussed.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Sarah :flowers:

I have been to see my CDC and this week I have lost 4.5lb's :biggrin:

Well done Godin - you're doing very well :flowers:

I'm very envious of you all who are dieting at the moment. I would love more than anything to lose some weight but it is not possible at the moment, what with medication, not being allowed to exercise etc. Thankfully I have not put on too much from being less mobile but then I was alreadyt well over weight :rolleyes:

I've now lost 14lb!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done Sarah! :biggrin: The shopping for smaller clothes is the best bit.

Well done Sarah :flowers:

I have been to see my CDC and this week I have lost 4.5lb's :biggrin:

Wow, Nic you are steaming along. Well done.

I went and weighed in today for the first time and have lost 3.5lb this week. No idea how when I had a bottle and half of wine over the weekend and two large choc fudge brownies. :wacko: I have had half a veggie biryani to celebrate. I told her I am taking the scenic route. :laugh:

Val, you can do SW even if you are on meds. Its basically just healthy eating and measuring/curtailing your wheat/dairy intake every day. :wink:

Well done Nic, you're doing great!!

:laugh: Andrea, I too am taking the scenic route, but its quite fun along the way. I had a chinese on saturday night :rolleyes:

Anyway am proudly wearing my new jeans which are a size smaller today and I don't have any muffin top so am very pleased. Just need to drop one more dress size!!

I am on two different diets..................there wasn't enough food in just one ! :rolleyes: x :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Which two are you on?

I think I might have been a tad norty and not going to do so well at weigh in tomorrow. I have had wine and Baileys this weekend. :rolleyes:

I am really impressed with everyone's weight losses, it's flipping hard so I think everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back :flowers:

I've been battling with the same 1-2 stone all my life. I'm not following a 'proper' diet but inspired by this thread I have been cutting out almost all carbs, apart from a bit of wholemeal toast for breakfast, and have definitely lost some weight. I don't have any scales (because I would be a slave to them and just end up depressed about it :rolleyes: ) but I'm not hungry, my waistbands are all much looser and I've worn a couple of things to work last week that I couldn't get into before. It's such a good feeling :biggrin:

I am really impressed with everyone's weight losses, it's flipping hard so I think everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back :flowers:

I've been battling with the same 1-2 stone all my life. I'm not following a 'proper' diet but inspired by this thread I have been cutting out almost all carbs, apart from a bit of wholemeal toast for breakfast, and have definitely lost some weight. I don't have any scales (because I would be a slave to them and just end up depressed about it :rolleyes: ) but I'm not hungry, my waistbands are all much looser and I've worn a couple of things to work last week that I couldn't get into before. It's such a good feeling :biggrin:

Well done Jules. :flowers: I think people can sometimes get too obsessive about weighing themselves all of the time. I used to do it the day before 'weigh in' to decide if I could eat that day or not. :rolleyes:

When I've dieted in the past I've been one of those slaves to the scales - weighing nearly every morning, trying to see if I had lost a pound. If and when I try to lose weight again, I don't think I'm gonna go near the scales, just judge any losses by changes in the fit of clothes.

Well done to all those who are losing :) :)