UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rmf January 2009

boosboss

I agree with you. I loved having my kids at home. In fact, when my first went to school I was most put out as I worked out that the teacher saw him for more hours than I did. :jealous:

I also enjoyed school holidays and couldn't understand when other parents wished they were back at school after a couple of days.

My kids were never bored during school holidays, they always had plenty to do, which usually involved me having a garden or houseful of kids.

Same here. I know some parents have to work full-time, but if there's a choice, why would anyone have children and then put them in full-time care?

My children only went to playgroup for a couple of mornings a week once they reached four, and I usually went along too, to help out - I lost count of the number of people who told me they wouldn't be "able to mix with other children" later on. :rolleyes:

My four are sociable, bright and independent adults; I just didn't see the need to push them out of the nest before they were ready. :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon :wavey:

Glad the funeral went well Tobleronie

I yam making curry - yum! And OH is 'doing stuff' upstairs which is making lots of noise. Sounds like he's about to come through the ceiling... :worried_anim:

I was supposed to be listing all the plants in the garden that have survived the frosts, but it's peeing it down out there and I am being a wimp :rolleyes:

Other children are in nursery because their parents have gone to work more than likely. They grow up so quickly and 2 days is quite adequate I would have thought. I'm sure Georgia is getting a good balance.

I've poop picked the garden. Still having trouble bending down but I'll have to get on with it. Fell asleep earlier and feel better for it. I've felt exhausted the last few days. Have just had a tomoto sandwich and have a mug of tea. Yum. I love tomato sandwiches. I'm having all the foods I love this week :laugh: Fergus has just let one go. That's not nice is it. Goodness it pongs. :who-let-rip:

i have been somewhat ill today. i even conceeded defeat at lunchtime and got in bed for 30 mins while i writhed about in agony with my stomach. Im not sure whether my appendix was having a grumble or my stomach acid had gone too high again but got did it hurt. I was due a haircut after lunch so i staggered through st helens and managed a bit of shopping and lumbered into boots for some zantac then took 4 to the horror of the pharmacist. it seems to be easing off now and i dont feel quite so inclined to part with the contents of my innards :laugh:

not caught up at all because when i was feeling rough i couldnt even focus on my pc to read it properly. hope everyone is having a jolly decent day :flowers:

I agree with you. I loved having my kids at home. In fact, when my first went to school I was most put out as I worked out that the teacher saw him for more hours than I did. :jealous:

I also enjoyed school holidays and couldn't understand when other parents wished they were back at school after a couple of days.

My kids were never bored during school holidays, they always had plenty to do, which usually involved me having a garden or houseful of kids.

I'm like that, I hate it when the holidays end and they go back to school :mecry:

We have just found an 18 inch wide, 2 storey high void in the middle of our building :worried_anim:

housevoid.jpg

To the left is the original outside wall of the cottage, to the right is the wall that goes up past our stairs and into the spare flat.

Why???

We have just found an 18 inch wide, 2 storey high void in the middle of our building :worried_anim:

housevoid.jpg

To the left is the original outside wall of the cottage, to the right is the wall that goes up past our stairs and into the spare flat.

Why???

Damp !!!

Beware. Ive seen welsh farm houses that have pitch from roads underneath wallpaper just to keep damp out of the house.

Damp !!!

Beware. Ive seen welsh farm houses that have pitch from roads underneath wallpaper just to keep damp out of the house.

Knowing all the other little foibles of this building, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find pitch on the walls...the whole place is damp as it is and freezing. There's a slate wall under there somewhere

Damp !!!

Yup i've seen that before for the same reason - something about creating airflow (and the mould not showing inside...). I'd shove a damp multimeter on that wall and see what the reading is (or get a damp man to do the same)

We had 2 lots of parents with little ones staying with us over New Year: I am now firmly of the opinion that some people are just naturally gifted at being parents, and some... aren't. The ones that aren't might still really want to be parents, they just aren't very good at it and find it very hard work! (Mind you, they'd find it less work if they didn't ignore the poor kid till he threw a tantrum then try to bribe him out of it... :glare: )

Anyway, if you are naturally good at that sort of thing, why hand it over to someone else? If you were really good at, say, plumbing and enjoyed it, you wouldn't hire a plumber to do the job not quite as well as you could yourself. Silly Ian and his silly relatives, they aren't appreciating the talents of their own family!

Edited by cycas