UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Linds

I won't, don't worry :flowers: It won't be so bad. Because of how our finances went this year, the kids had big presents for their birthdays so already known there will be very little for Christmas. And after having such lovely time with us over Christmas in Wales last year, my parents have asked if they can stay over on Christmas Eve again this year :wub: Even though they only live 5 minutes away now :laugh:

that sounds rather lovely

you can also limit values of gifts to a set ammount or buy in the sales when you get twice as much bang for your bucks , or do a mini secret santa with your family

or you can buy a gift as a family via a charity like Oxfam Unwrapped or Good Gifts

I think there are loads of ways to have a very merry festive season ( what ever it means to you ) without spending loads

personally I will contine to be a squirrely bah humbug but thats just me ( and Gertie ) :laugh:

sigedit.jpg

The best thing about Christmas is the lie in followed closely by the day sat reading in front of the fire with snoozing hounds and kittys before yummy dinner and more snoozing. There's room on the other sofa if anyone wants to join us but you have to promise that you'll snooze for at least part of the day :laugh:

Mother Dearest is supposedly getting out of hospital tomorrow so things should return to normal for me soon. Inheriting 4 children under 18, 2 extra dogs and 3 extra cats for the last 3 months has left me a little flustered. :wacko:

*wibble* *deep breffs* My baby has gone to nursery this morning. She wanted to go so I let her and she toddled off without a backward glance *wibble* They've been instructed to wrap her in cotton wool and call me IMMEDIATELY if she wants to come home.

Good news is that Pancake laid her first egg yesterday, followed up by a whopper this morning so all five are now laying eggs :partytime: Molly is thrilled to bits that her chook has finally done the business after what seems like forever :laugh:

Has she gone back to your MIL's nursery or a different one? :unsure: And :partytime: for clever Pancake :biggrin:

Have you seen on Moneysavingexpert the thread(s) there may be more then one know, on homemade/cheap Christmas presents, some of the ideas on there are absolutely stunning...if you have any time and the children are interested...

We do tend to make presents as well as buying little things so I might take a toddle over to look. I did have an idea about what to do this year but have forgotten again :rolleyes:

Mother Dearest is supposedly getting out of hospital tomorrow so things should return to normal for me soon. Inheriting 4 children under 18, 2 extra dogs and 3 extra cats for the last 3 months has left me a little flustered. :wacko:

Blinking 'eck that sounds like you've had your hands full :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

yeah we're ok for now. Just the guys out in the US office - gutted for them :(

Bad luck for them but glad your job's safe for now :flowers:

Very glad your job is ok for now Cheryl, hope it stays that way :flowers:

I have just seen mention of mince pies and think I will make some this year. I think I need to go and lie down now :biggrin:

Have you seen on Moneysavingexpert the thread(s) there may be more then one know, on homemade/cheap Christmas presents, some of the ideas on there are absolutely stunning...if you have any time and the children are interested...

For all those that think that Christmas is just another day....I have to inform you that you are wrong...it's not....it's Mr. Murtles birthday (and spookily enough his best friends too....)... :laugh: :laugh: This last fact may affect only one member of the Refuge..... ;)

Is the home made pressies thread just for people with children or anyone? Have you got a link? Rob and I have had a few hard up years in the past and I remember one year we made pressies for people (what they thought of them was anyone's guess :laugh: ) and one year we just didn't do presents at all and just made sure we had a nice Xmas dinner for ourselves. We try really hard to buy presents for people that they will want rather than just anything and if we tend to discuss what we are both after so that we buy things we want/need rather than stuff we won't use. Of course we do also get silly little things too.

Ermmm, No!! Thankyou for the offer, tis very kind but no thanks :laugh:

Well tis your loss - it was a once in a lifetime offer and you may regret your refusal. :unsure: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Been up to see Mum and had to keep my temper with one of the managers - I am very angry but shall wait until I calm down and then put in a written complaint. :angry:

On the other hand I have to make a phone call to the person the compaint will be going to about something very nice - I shall

just say I am sending an email later.