UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introducing The Most Gorgeous Kittens Ever.

phoebejo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I admire your work too. It is so stressful when the kittens are poorly, especially when they are so tiny without their Mum. I sometimes wonder why I foster kittens because as you are demonstrating, it can be like treading on a tightrope. They so quickly go up and down.

Do you have any of this:-

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page...products_id=905

I find it really useful if a kitten appears to be poorly and refusing to eat or drink. It has saved me from calling a vet over a weekend night more than once. I remember a few weeks ago one of my foster kittens was not interested in food, and just sat there, appeared dehydrated when I pinched the skin over her neck and was really sorry for herself. So I syringed some of this solution into her a couple of times, and about an hour later she was playing on the sofa next to her Mum.

I cried with the stress and relief of it all, I was tired too as it was about midnight.

Well done in all your efforts, I don't know how you do it with such little children around too. :bigheart3:

I so didn't think Spud would be here this morning. At his last feed he didn't want any at all, not even a drop and up until then although he hadn't wanted much he had at least been happy to drink some. I'd learnt that if I scruff him he'd drink more and even though he hated it and I felt so wicked for doing it I just had to get the milk into him. So despite his protestations at his last feed he had a full feed and his belly actually felt full. I gave him a stern talking to but when I went to bed I did kiss him goodbye. When my alarm went off at 6am I just lay there in bed crying my eyes out because I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to find him dead. The tears turned to tears of joy when a happy spritely Spud greeted me this morning :partytime: :cheer: :circle: :wub:

He's had lots of milk for breakfast and seems 100 times better than he was last night :wub:

I luffs my baby Spud :wub:

Methinks this baby Spudling won't be going anywhere :wink:

Me too!

If Spud loves his mummy, and his mummy loves Spud, it's only right they stay together :biggrin:

Great news that he is a bit better this morning, and the others are also doing OK?

I know the road ahead is still a long one, but everything is still crossed that they make it to the end :flowers: