UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introducing The Most Gorgeous Kittens Ever.

phoebejo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The behaviour from this lot has been hilarious :laugh: Mine have turned into attention seeking, posessive, spoilt little brats :rolleyes: Feeding time used to be a casual affair, everyone would potter about, play and I'd feed them in no particular order. Now it's a frantic dash towards mum, climb all over her screaming loudly to warn off the newbies and to remind them she's not their mum :laugh: The new kids think this must be the way to behave so they join in with the climbing all over me too :rolleyes: Seven kittens with needle sharp claws and teeth climbing all over you is not fun!

All of mine are now eating solids on their own from a bowl so I left them plenty over night and got an extra hours kip myself, bliss! The newbies were unimpressed at being fed at midnight by me, they were fast asleep. I don't know what their old routine was but judging by their reactions they weren't used to being fed that late. They take more milk than my lot so I wasn't worried about leaving them in the night. Hopefully they'll copy my lot and start to feed themselves. Ironically Jelly is the one who eats the most!

I'll be glad to have the help of the kids this week during half term to make feeding times easier!

Are the new kitties a little younger than your original set?

Only wondering cos their eyes still seem a bit cloudy.

They are all scrummy but I luffs Spud :wub:

PS Wondered which kitty it was that was trying to escape up and over you (Jelly). Hope she didn't hurt your chin, they have such sharp little toothy pegs :unsure:

They're the same age, mine were four weeks Friday by my calculations and the new ones were four weeks yesterday. Mine seem a lot more advanced and independant, probably because they've not had their mother to cling to. The new ones had a mum up until last weekend when she decided she couldn't be bothered anymore. Spam and Egg are huge for their age. I've never had two kittens do so well on formula milk. It's a bloody expensive one, £10 a tin and I'm now getting through almost a tin every day! But it's so much better than Cimicat the one I used to use.

Jelly is now learning that if she bites me she gets scruffed and dumped unceremoniously on the floor. Her mum wouldn't have stood for being bitten and neither will I. All the kittens have to learn what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour.