UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Strictly Come Dancing

merledogs

Agree entirely. Apparently there are various stupid DJ's whipping up their listeners and urging them all to vote for John Sergeant with the sole intention of ruining the show :grrr: I love Strictly but having to watch a very smug John Sergeant shuffling around is not my idea of entertainment and definitely not dancing!

our local radio has a DJ who plugs john, :angry: i watch it for the improvment of the dancing each week, which (apart from raising money) is the whole object of the programme, or so i thought, john is still at week 2 , with no improvement :angry:

Edited by phoenix

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of knocking JS we should be asking why the producers invited him to be on the show in the first place.

It was obvious that he would never be able to live up to the standard of the others but support for the hopeless has been seen before and so could have been easily predicted.

It's totally unfair to blame him and say he should resign. He's been put in a very awkward position by all concerned and we should be sympathetic.

If anyone is to blame it is the programme makers and the judges for their counterproductive and unpleasant attacks on him and the people who vote for him. What better way of making sure the GBP stick two fingers up at them and carry on?

Pam

BBC

I was also wondering if perhaps all the training was taking its toll on him physically as I'm guessing he'd not planned to stay in for so long and it must be bloomin' hard work on the body :unsure:

He's only 64, not 84. :unsure: In fact, I shouldn't even say that - my parents belonged to a dance club where some of the members were in their late 80s.

On behalf of the over-60s on here, I have to say that we aren't all incapable of regular exercise. In fact, I believe John's lost two stones in weight since he started and he certainly looks trimmer - I hope he keeps it up (in private, perhaps :laugh: ).

He was never going to be a dancer but he gave it a good shot. I think he's wise to quit now, though, before it descends into total farce. :)

Cripes he's only 64 :ohmy: I thought he was well into his 70s :laugh: :ohmy: He looks waaaaay older than 64 :unsure:

Of course I'm not saying that the over 60s are incapable of exercise but he strikes me as someone that doesn't keep himself particularly fit in his regular life so I'm sure he'd find the hours of training every day much harder than others of a similar age :unsure: I also remember watching him on It Takes Two recently and he was saying he was having back problems with the lifts in the American Smooth :unsure:

Cripes he's only 64 :ohmy: I thought he was well into his 70s :laugh: :ohmy: He looks waaaaay older than 64 :unsure:

Of course I'm not saying that the over 60s are incapable of exercise but he strikes me as someone that doesn't keep himself particularly fit in his regular life so I'm sure he'd find the hours of training every day much harder than others of a similar age :unsure: I also remember watching him on It Takes Two recently and he was saying he was having back problems with the lifts in the American Smooth :unsure:

I have to admit he isn't a young-looking 64.... :laugh: and I doubt he was ever a cool dancer, even back in his youth.

I think what's good, though, is that he's proved that exercise works, no matter what age you are. He says his appetite has decreased since he started to dance, too, so he's an example to all of us. I may even start dancing again (and not just in the privacy of my kitchen :blush02: ).

I wouldn't want him for a partner, mind you, funny and entertaining though he may be. :laugh:

I'm glad the public let him stay. It's typically British, slightly anarchic, and very endearing. :wink:

From what Arlene said the other night on strictly takes two, he didn't exactly pull out all the stops for practice...she said he spend more time reading the paper than he did learning the next dance! All the dribbling blokes voting for him to keep his scantily dressed partner in the show are going to be disappointed :rolleyes: I hope Jody manages to hang on in there, I think she's improved terrifically.

I love watching the dancers getting better every week, I loved watching John as he made me laugh. I watch strictly to be entertained and I can certainly say that John entertained me, yes he was crap but he made me laugh and I would have loved to have seen him dance to Murder on the dance floor :laugh: .

Terri

I must be the only one that is sorry to see him go. :rolleyes:

Sure, he wasn't the best dancer. I couldn't understand why the judges were raving about Rachel's body grinding rumba. On an ordinary dance floor you would have got arrested for dancing like that!!!!! :D

Guess what I mean is, that way he was dancing was a way most people could relate to. Ordinary dancing to be enjoyed, not exhibition dancing which is out of reach of most.

Edited by greys mum

I feel sorry for John, hes tried his hardest and by no means is the best but all the critism and stuff has made him leave and think thats really unfair...

He might not be the best puppy in the class but hes got a lot of spirit and hard working, and british love the underdog

Sad to see him go :wacko: