UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be missing lots of stuff lately :blush:

I apologise profusely but I'm not really *with it* at the moment :flowers: There's a tunnel looming and I'm trying to find a shortcut around it - some days I'm managing to head in the right direction but the pull towards the tunnel is too strong to fight some days :( :mecry:

If I vanish for a while - or just go quiet enough that you're not quite sure if I'm here or not :rolleyes: - don't panic. I'll be ok. Just overwhelmed by the need to batten down our family hatches again :flowers:

i lurves you mrs chicken, when you get your car back, pop over for coffee and us Davis bunch can pop some light back in to your life :GroupHug:

JJ :wub: :laugh: he's a real wee character :wub:

Blimey, is anyone else getting a bit concerned about the price of food? I've just done what I'd call a 'basic' weekly shop - food & cleaning stuff and it came to £120 :ohmy: :ohmy: That's what I'd normally spend on a 'luxury' shop when the cupboards would be bursting with goodies. I've hardly got anything for the money this time & certainly no goodies. Pensioners must be really feeling it :(

Cherry collars are beautiful! :wub: :wub:

I've really noticed the hike in prices on my weekly shop, it's becomming more and more difficult :wacko:

I've really noticed the hike in prices on my weekly shop, it's becomming more and more difficult :wacko:

I dont do a weekly shop, but today when I got petrol it was over £47 to fill up my little Civic :( I can't ever remember paying that much :rolleyes:

RMF: I need this t-shirt:

16877_03_l.jpg

:rolleyes: :laugh:

Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all stressed out, poorly and unhappy people. I really hope things will turn around for you soon.

Thank you to all the peeps who wished me good luck with my job interview. The interview itself was a waste of time, but unbeatable for comedy value! :laugh: :laugh: The company was (is) in a building that by all accounts was acquired in a state of disrepair, and someone with 2 left hands has knocked an office with reception area into it (this is a company that states that it has "major worldwide clients on its books - yeah right! :rolleyes:). They did however manage to find a socket for the stereo which had the local RnB station blaring out of it at max volume. The girl answering the phone kept saying to her callers that they had to speak up because their line was bad - nothing to do with the blaring stereo then :rolleyes: They were "speed interviewing", so they had about 10 hopefuls in the reception area. One guy looked like he was going cold turkey and another like he'd just escaped from the church choir - the juniors that is, bless :) - and there was a girl who I'm sure thought that she was going to audition for a film, the amount of make up she was wearing! Within 5 minutes I knew that it wasn't my cuppa tea, but I just stayed for a laugh, watching everyone else getting nervous - except for choir boy. Had to wait for well over an hour, and I think the interview was less than 10 minutes, after which I'm sure we silently agreed that we weren't made for each other. Considering that the bloke, who interviewed me, promised that the receptionist would call me between 5 and 6 and she still hasn't called (she might not have heard that through the RnB racket tho), I think it is safe to assume that I won't be offered a job. Oh well, saves me having to turn them down then :)

Got a few more lined up, hopefully one of them will be a better match.

Off to bed now, n nite! :wavey:

Evening, home from work and my class, not caught up all day.

Have speed read back and :GroupHug: to dirtychook, and to Khanu (sorry you are so very stressed)

:GroupHug: to others who have posted needing one (I'm not ignoring you individually, I just can't remember)

Going to bed soon :)

Sympathy with Katiebob, having a fearful (woosy) collie here.

Alex, :GroupHug: for your troublesome doglets. Glad that you dont have another allergy problem to deal with. BUt you can package Taffy up and post onto me please :wub: One more PIA around other dogs wont hurt! :laugh: Have you thought about T shirts for Timmy to go out for walks? Stop the nasty things touching his delicate tuumy.

Jacky, hope your girlie is ok. And no mention of throwing yourself off a clifftop please!

Yantan, I hope that Tara is on the mend. Maybe keeping close tabs on her is a good idea. Doesnt sound like she is much of a complainer so if in pain wouldnt let her 'parents' know or they wouldnt pick up on her body language :GroupHug: Better to get her back to vets to soon, rather than to late.

Steph, I know you are having a tough time, try and be thankful that there are some 'up' times in the midst and make the most of them. Hope things change for you real soon :GroupHug:

Kazz, your brother didnt deserve you! Keep an eye on Ebay. Wouldnt surprise me if the git tried to sell them on there! :GroupHug: :handjob And as for you neighbours hammering, havent you got some lovely music you can drown them out with while you nip to the pub :biggrin:

Cheryl, you have my sympathy. I live in a lovely area like that and we are trying to move too. Just had my mirror replaced after being smashed off for the 3rd time. £100 wasted! Electric mirrors are not cheap.

Lazydaisy, how nice of you to take the trouble and show concern. A lot of people will just walk on by! Hope she was ok. Disgusting about the lack of service though. No-one in pain should have to be laid on the floor in this weather for half an hour! :(

Wenders, pics please? :biggrin:

Jules, much as it grieves me to say, cos we need special people like you, I think its time you got out of that job before your sanity is severly affected. :GroupHug: And the sooner these idiots realise the damage THEY are doing the better!

Sarah, just remember there is a VERY BIG fugee light at the end of every tunnel! :GroupHug:

Sam, so glad that you are enjoying your job. Its the least you deserve!

Kelly, you really need to weigh up your job against your health. I know that house prices have dropped a lot but is it not possible for you to move slightly north to get the lower house prices but still in a commutable (for OH) distance? I'm sure that you could gain the extra funding you need to make up your salary level by doing training classes which could involve your dogs and get you doing something that you love and have dreamed about. People are crying out for good positive trainers these days! I'm sure it wouldnt be long before you could take a part-time job just to supplement your 'doggy' income and ditch the stressful enviroment you are dealing with. :GroupHug:

Ange, where did you get vegan fudge please? I love fudge!

Loobie, lovely to see you back again. Hope things are good for you :flowers:

:laugh: @ Riley. Only happens in the most embarrasing situations

RMF1, OH has been out to buy 'Rockband' today. I suspect lots of noise.

RMF2, As we couldnt go today as I finally got my car mirror sorted, we are taking the dogs to the beach tomorrow so please pray for rain so that Neo can have a free run on the beach.

Sending all Fugees good wishes and :GroupHug: where appropriate. Loobie, nice to see you here again.

I slept heavily for 3 hrs early evening and had strange and vivid dreams. :unsure: When I woke up, I had to think hard as to what was real and what was dream. A quick check revealed no newly acquired orange pomeranians or small grubby children with runny noses - whew! And please don't rush to offer me any of either :laugh:

Xtreme weather here today, rain and fog.

Ange, where did you get vegan fudge please? I love fudge!

I got mine from Animal Aid as I was ordering some other stuff and thought I would try it. It's a bit of an acquired taste but it's pretty good :)

Think I am going to head to bed in a mo, sweet dreams all :flowers: