UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trish's Trudge - 1,200 Miles For The Oldies Club & Dt

ReikiAnge

Yes I have had a nice couple of days rest. Have been looked after very well by Silke and Stella. Was lovely to meet Feebee. I am so pleased she is feeling better and looking so happy, a credit to Silke and Stella. Having met feebee, I am so glad to be able to raise money for such dogs, vets bills I know can run into the thousands!! People that I have met along the way have been donating £5 and £10, hopefully more will do online too. Ben enjoyed himself too with Silke and Stella & Feebee, he was on his best behaviour!! I have added photos to my blog on Travelpod, please have a look. :rolleyes:

Hi Trish :wavey: Glad you have had some home comforts for a few days :flowers:

Yes the vet bills can certainly mount up. It's great that people have been donating along the way :flowers:

Will take a look at your new photos. Silke's not to let you go before she's taken a bit of video of you for YouTube etc. :biggrin:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Have now reached Kelso. I am in the library catching up with things on their computer. Unfortunately the battery on my computer is not strong enough for me to be able to download pictures. But atleast I can let you know that I am still trudgeing on!!! Hope you are all enjoying the pictures that I have been able to put on my website. Still having a fantastic time. :rolleyes: Hopefully try for some press coverage around Sheffield (unable to get interest around Edinburgh!!) :( I am not exactly passing through there but hopefully close enough for them to be interested!!! :)

Edited by trishandben

Hopefully try for some press coverage around Sheffield (unable to get interest around Edinburgh!!) :( I am not exactly passing through there but hopefully close enough for them to be interested!!! :)

Trish - if you want me to help you drum up some press coverage around Sheffield, drop me a PM. I know a couple of the journo's on two local rags (OK, they normally cover Planning Applications, but they may fancy a change :rolleyes: ), and have a useful tel number at Radio Sheffield.

Cheer, Carrie

Trish - if you want me to help you drum up some press coverage around Sheffield, drop me a PM. I know a couple of the journo's on two local rags (OK, they normally cover Planning Applications, but they may fancy a change :rolleyes: ), and have a useful tel number at Radio Sheffield.

Cheer, Carrie

Carrie, I'm not sure when Trish will next be online, but could I possibly put you in touch with the PR lady who is helping us with Trish's publicity please? I'm sure any contacts would be really helpful :flowers: Can I pass your email address to her? (PM it if I can). Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

TRISH HAS REACHED ENGLAND!

Cheer, Carrie

Carrie, Trish is rarely online, I read out your offer, she would be delighted with some publicity, she's really struggling over that. I shall pm you her phone number, please give her a ring.

Ben has been staying with us over the weekend because Trish's support driver came back to go to Womad. He looks very fit. They're heading off back tomorrow.

Carrie, Trish is rarely online, I read out your offer, she would be delighted with some publicity, she's really struggling over that. I shall pm you her phone number, please give her a ring.

Elaine, Carrie PMd me her details and I passed them straight onto Anna who said she would make contact - so I'm hoping that's in progress :unsure: Can you let Trish know when you speak to her, so she knows I've not forgotten her :)

:elefant: :elefant: Welcome to England Trish :flowers: :elefant: :elefant:

I did offer Trish a bed for the night when she got near Coventry, then thought I would have moved so said may not be possible..... still not even sold yet (even tho have bought the other end!!) so if anyone can pass on the message to say the offer is back on I would appreciate it.. thanks.

I did offer Trish a bed for the night when she got near Coventry, then thought I would have moved so said may not be possible..... still not even sold yet (even tho have bought the other end!!) so if anyone can pass on the message to say the offer is back on I would appreciate it.. thanks.

That's great :)

Can I PM you her mobile number so you can text her direct, is that OK? Would be easier than me trying to relay a message probably, unless Trish happens to be online in the near future :flowers:

Trish got a plug on High Peak Radio today - so hopefully that will bring in more sponsorship for her big trudge for the Oldies Club.

Me and the gang are off to join her for a 5 mile stretch tomorrow. She didn't take too much convincing that CHOCOLATE was required when I asked her if she needed any supplies!!! :laugh:

Cheers, Carrie

Had a lovely day doing a 6 mile stretch of Trisha's Trudge with her today. She says "Hi" to everyone, and thanks them for their ongoing support. If anyone is in the Wiltshire area, do make sure you get up early and listen to the local BBC radio station on Saturday, as she's being interviewed live on air!

Here are a few pics of the trudge:

About a mile in:

2740962229_09a8c244c1.jpg

Didn't expect to see this lot in the canal!

2741799928_658abc5d58.jpg

At the end.....trying to get all humans and dogs facing the camera:

2741803560_dd881c5310.jpg

2741803988_22d9bde59e.jpg

Holly looking shattered:

2741802406_cc2fe42a4f.jpg

Paris looking regal:

2741802552_a967da97fc_o.jpg

Monty being silly:

2740964529_e727c5894f.jpg

Cheers, Carrie