UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lady * Updated * Now Has A New Home!

Going to the dogs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry that Lady does not yet have a home but I am very sad to see your comment about her being "passed from pillar to post until she dies" Wendy :(

If that is directed at the centre that took her in when she needed out of the pound urgently, I can assure you - and everyone reading this - that this centre does not pass dogs on for the fun of it or because they just want to get rid and that the staff at the centre care very much for the animals in their care and those leaving their care also.

I am sorry that Lady does not yet have a home but I am very sad to see your comment about her being "passed from pillar to post until she dies" Wendy :(

If that is directed at the centre that took her in when she needed out of the pound urgently, I can assure you - and everyone reading this - that this centre does not pass dogs on for the fun of it or because they just want to get rid and that the staff at the centre care very much for the animals in their care and those leaving their care also.

Absolutely not, Ange. I have spoken to the Blue Cross and they have explained why they thought it was better for her chances to go to Bromsgrove. Nevertheless it's another place and another set of people to adjust to.

I mean that she has been homed before - was originally chipped in Germany - was dumped, has been to the pound for many months, then to 2 Blue Cross places and still no one seems to want her.

I am disappointed that she has been reserved twice and for unknown reasons, the adopters have not finished the process.

At her age, I do feel a certain urgency.

Maybe because I pick up dogs like daisies, I find it hard to understand why someone would not take pity on this old girl and just take her home.

I've just given in and decided to keep Bayleaf, a troublesome Grey, or I would take her like a shot. But the Blue Cross would never rehome her to me because I have so many. I missed my chance because I thought someone would be sure to snap her up. In that sense I feel I have let her down.

I've been into Blue Cross today to take some stuff in. I went in to see Lady and she has been reserved!!! :elefant: :elefant:

She really is a lovely girl. I took OH with me to............... just in case! :laugh: :wub:

Oh, just saw your previous post GTTD, I hope that this reservation works out ok. There are many dogs at the centre that are now reserved so they are obviously doing something right.

I think I am going to go back next weekend anyway and offer my services for homechecking so will check up on lady again :flowers:

Edited by safneo

I've been into Blue Cross today to take some stuff in. I went in to see Lady and she has been reserved!!! :elefant: :elefant:

She really is a lovely girl. I took OH with me to............... just in case! :laugh: :wub:

Oh, just saw your previous post GTTD, I hope that this reservation works out ok. There are many dogs at the centre that are now reserved so they are obviously doing something right.

I think I am going to go back next weekend anyway and offer my services for homechecking so will check up on lady again :flowers:

That is the best news I have heard for a long time! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

I so hope that it works out this time.

Thank you so much for visiting her and for passing on the good news. :flowers:

Hi

Thought you would like to know that me and my husband are adopting Lady, we have home check this Friday and with a bit of luck can take her home on Saturday.........I'm so excited!!

We have been to visit Lady quite a bit over christmas and introduced her to her new extended family.

Will keep you updated.

Clare & Mick

Hi

Thought you would like to know that me and my husband are adopting Lady, we have home check this Friday and with a bit of luck can take her home on Saturday.........I'm so excited!!

We have been to visit Lady quite a bit over christmas and introduced her to her new extended family.

Will keep you updated.

Clare & Mick

Clare, you are an angel! Thank you so much for adopting Lady. She is such a sweet girl. I'm sure she will be ecstatic to be in a home again. :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

She was gifted to me by the Pound and I passed her to the Blue Cross.

I'm so glad that you have found her and that she has found you. :GroupHug:

Please do keep us updated with news and pictures. I just want to see that dog in a family circle.

Best wishes

Hi

Will keep you updated.

Clare & Mick

Hi Clare and Mick - Welcome to The Refuge! :wavey:

That's great news, I really hope it all works out and Lady is home with you at the weekend :flowers:

We want lots of news and updates, of course.......

Edited by Fee

Hi

Will keep you updated.

Clare & Mick

How lovely Clare :biggrin: That post bought a tear to my eye :flowers:

Welcome to the refuge and please can we have pics of you all when she comes home :flowers:

edited to say the blue cross in bromsgrove have an excellent rehoming rate :)

Edited by taylor