UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lady * Updated * Now Has A New Home!

Going to the dogs

I am so so upset that Lady, a Lab cross who is nearly 13, still does not have a home. :mecry:

She went from a South Wales pound to the Blue Cross in Tiverton. Now she has been transferred to the Blue Cross in Bromsgrove and no sign of a home.

She is being passed from pillar to post until she dies, it would seem. :mecry:

I so wish I could take her but she is lively in spite of her age and I have 15 here at the moment.

Please, please someone, could you take her out of kennels and look after her for her last year or so?

Edited by Going to the dogs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if she's still available? I cannot find her on their website at all.

Apparently she is doing an assessment period. No decisions will be taken until Friday - Carol rang. :flowers:

I transported this girl and I know she is friendly with people and dogs. I had a tiny lurcher in with her and she was really kind to him. We took them both for a walk during the journey and although she pulled a bit on the lead - it was her first time out in 6 months at least - she was so happy and waggy-tailed. A thoroughly nice dog. :wub: She is very overweight because she had no exercise while she was languishing at the Pound but will soon lose that in a proper home.

I have worked at the blue cross in Bromsgrove and its a really good place for her to be if shes not got her own home. They do assess for a couple of weeks and sometimes its difficult to get older dogs out to homes but the manager of this place is lovely and very doggy. all the staff care about the animals too. they have a very good rehoming rate and I saw a lot of dogs Ladys age and even older go out to homes in a reasonable space of time.

They do a lot of "selling" with their animals and good homechecks so hopefully when they do find Lady a home it will be the right one.

They dont foster dogs out as a rule but they will send certain dogs with health problems out on a foster basis to ensure vet bills do not deter the right home.

its a sad place to be kennels but there are a lot of loving staff and many great volunteers at Bromsgrove Blue Cross so the girly could be in a worse place. She is lovely ... if only money wasnt an obstacle :mecry:

I have worked at the blue cross in Bromsgrove and its a really good place for her to be if shes not got her own home. They do assess for a couple of weeks and sometimes its difficult to get older dogs out to homes but the manager of this place is lovely and very doggy. all the staff care about the animals too. they have a very good rehoming rate and I saw a lot of dogs Ladys age and even older go out to homes in a reasonable space of time.

They do a lot of "selling" with their animals and good homechecks so hopefully when they do find Lady a home it will be the right one.

They dont foster dogs out as a rule but they will send certain dogs with health problems out on a foster basis to ensure vet bills do not deter the right home.

its a sad place to be kennels but there are a lot of loving staff and many great volunteers at Bromsgrove Blue Cross so the girly could be in a worse place. She is lovely ... if only money wasnt an obstacle :mecry:

I'm very local to Blue Cross at Bromsgrove (Taylor you must be a neighbour), so I will pop some things up for her to tide her over the xmas period if she is still there :( I wish I didnt have to go out to work. There are so many oldies that just need a warm comfortable place to rest :mecry:

I'm very local to Blue Cross at Bromsgrove (Taylor you must be a neighbour), so I will pop some things up for her to tide her over the xmas period if she is still there :( I wish I didnt have to go out to work. There are so many oldies that just need a warm comfortable place to rest :mecry:

perhaps we could meet for a walky :) Clent maybe... Taylor (lab) would love to meet Saffy (particularly as she helped Santa with her gifts) :rolleyes: :flowers:

Edited by taylor

• 2 weeks later...
perhaps we could meet for a walky :) Clent maybe... Taylor (lab) would love to meet Saffy (particularly as she helped Santa with her gifts) :rolleyes: :flowers:

Please keep Lady in mind - she needs a final home. At nearly 13 she is not going to be a long-term proposition but what a lovely girl to have for a couple of years and perhaps longer! :wub: