UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lady * Updated * Now Has A New Home!

Going to the dogs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady has arrived............ :wub:

She is gorgeous, and completely ecstatic to be here (I hope) she has investigated every room, done a few circuits of the garden and been on a couple of walks. I think she may actually be asleep now. Will take some photos and post them in the next couple of days.

Wonderful news - welcome home Lady :wub: :flowers:

Hi Everyone

Lady is settling in well, she had a few barks last night when we put her to bed but soon settled down (after about an hour!) Today she has just been relaxing, lying on the sofa watching some TV, we went out today and left her for a while :mecry: but the excited reception we got when we came back more than made up for it. I am however a little nervous about tomorrow as we are back at work, I have booked the afternoon off! Luckily I only work 5 minutes away from home so will be going home for lunch every day to make sure she is ok and take her for a lap in the park, I have just been on the phone to my dad (to give Mick's ear a rest) venting my worries about leaving her and he told me she would be fine.

Thank you very much for all your messages. Photo's to follow.

Clare x

Clare, she will probably be fine. :flowers: Glad she is settling in and has found the sofa :biggrin:

Its best to start of with your normal routine or she will get used to you being around all of the time.

She will more than likely sleep all day while your not there anyway. Can you just leave her with a stuffed kong or something safe to chew

in case she gets bored? Also, I leave the radio or TV on for my two when I go to work.

I do hope we get some pics of Lady soon :biggrin: Can't wait to see her again! :wub:

Great she has a home with you, she will be fine and adjust to your routine I'm sure. I have to work too :wacko: what I have always done & still do is give a treat when I leave, to give them something to do when I'm not there & so that they associate me leaving with something nice...it seems to work as my 2 are practically pushing me out the door in the morning at the thought of the anticipated treat :laugh: I go home for lunch and always walk them & make sure they have a walke before I go to work - it will be lovely for her to be in a home instead of kennels, so glad you gave her a chance :flowers: