UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Malcolm's Biopsy Results

BillyMalc

I've made the mistake of calling the vet this morning at work, and she told me that she got the results of the biopsy: it's either lymphosarcoma or a mast cell tumor. Being even more stupid I've trawled the internet, looking for info, so now I'm sat at work trying not to bawl me eyes out - and doing a very bad job of it. I could really do with stories of dogs who have been treated succesfully for either one or the other. Malcolm's back at the vet's on Friday for surgery to possibly have half his lip removed. Of course I don't care about that, as long as it makes it go away and allows him to retain a good quality of life.

:(

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly a huge :GroupHug: for you and Malcolm. Secondly take a deep breath...such news is very scary. You will feel better when he's had it removed and you know exactly what you're dealing with. Try not to google stuff anymore it will doubtless frighten you to death.

It's great they are going to remove it. Hopefully it will be an isolated event and he will be none the worse for it :flowers: . Sometimes it turns out to be exactly that.

Staffymads Snatch had mast cell tumours removed, I think 3/4 years ago and he is still going strong, bless him, at 15 years of age :ohmy: :wub: . My Cassie has just been diagnosed with mast cell tumours grade II, after speaking with Cindy I am very positive about it now. It need not be the end.

I will be thinking of you both on Friday lots. :GroupHug:

Edited by tegk68

Have a huge :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: from me. As for positive stories of dogs who had mass cell tumors, let me show you a few pictures of my little man and tell you what happened.

Snatch had his first tumor some 3.5 years ago at the age or around 12, quickly followed by another 5 in a 9 month time span meaning he had 7 Ops (first tumor they had to go in twice) in 9 months. Dispite a grade 4 (at the time now worse) heart murmor, he was one tough little cookie.

All these pictures were taken AFTER the tumors :wub: :biggrin:

Spider Hound at the White Lodge show a couple of years ago

thsnatchspiderman3.jpg

Running on the AR camping trip a couple of years ago

snatchhurtle.jpg

With Todd down the lakes 1.5 years ago

13DSCF0038.jpg

On a walk at the country park 6 months ago

DSCF0083.jpg

Raiding Lynne at same walk with the others

DSCF0079.jpg

With Auntie Wendy, Auntie Lynne, Todd, Poppy, Dolly and Ruby on Ruby's b'day at our house

Picture090.jpg

As they always pictures speak more than words. Snatch is now around 15 years old and touch wood had no new tumors apart from a very very slow growing one on his leg (around 1mm per 2 months) which we are leaving alone as with a grade 5-6 heart murmor the OP is as risky as leaving the lump.

I hope this will give you some hope and a brighter outlook. If you want a chat, let me know and I pm you my number.

Cindy :flowers:

If he hasn't had it long and they manage to remove all of the cells he's in with a chance. :GroupHug: It's not great news but each is an individual case. Hope they get it all. Will be thinking of you both and hoping everything goes well. Pop his piccie in the Reiki thread.

I rally also should add Pooch who was diagnosed in November 2005 with Mass Cell Tumors. Pooch is a Oldies Club sponsor dog and here link is here -http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=379. We never removed the tumors and as of the 21 August 2007, Pooch is still very much with us in a long term foster home, still hating dogs and cats but loving people no end. :flowers: