UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Malcolm's Biopsy Results

BillyMalc

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're home! :)

I couldn't pick Mal up until 6:15, because he was on a drip and they wanted to keep him on that for as long as possible. He's very tired and dopey at the moment, but obviously glad to be able to lie in his own basket. They've done a great job on removing the tissue from his lower lip, you can't see it at all from the outside :) Now we can only hope that the test results will come back saying that enough tissue has been removed and that that bit of him is clean. That's gonna be a week to 10 days, and those will be the longest weeks/10 days of my life!

They've also taken 2 biopsies off a growth I found on his side the other day. I'm pretty sure it's a fatty lump but I don't want to take any risks. That looks quite ugly though, a 4 inch square bald bit with 2 stitched up wounds. :( Oh well, as long as it'll make him better in the end we'll deal with it.

He's on 2 types of anti-biotics (3 1/2 crushed up pills twice a day! :ohmy: ) and Metacam as a pain killer - and of course he's got a 'bucket' (lamp shade) on his head. It's causing him so much distress though that I've taken it off as soon as we got home and it'll stay off as long as I can supervise him.

Got to be back at the vet's on Tuesday for a check up, will let you know what they say then - as well as keeping you updated about his every move inbetween :)

Thanks again for all your support, it really is much appreciated :flowers: :flowers:

Edited by BillyMalc