UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Rights Raids Across Uk

Melp

BillyMalc said it better that I could have done. Thank you BM :flowers:

What is happening with those poor babies now? Will they allow 'outsiders' in to help the animals. By outsiders I mean people not connected with Freshfields?

After all it's not just about food and water and cleaning them out, they need tlc more so than ever.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the road outside Freshfields was still shut off with police presence when I drove past this evening. Apparently road likely to be shut til tomorrow

I was supposed to go there tomorrow afternoon to dog walk and drop food off but I guess that's off now. Poor animals

If there had been a bomb about to go off, or a major incident that was about to cause major harm - I could justify such heavy handed actions by the police. Even before hearing the whens and whys. I can understand the need for suprise too.

But was such force neccesary?

I really cant make head or tail of all of this. And theres still too many blanks left unfilled for me to draw a conclusion.

How can the police arrest under suspicion of extremism when they themselves have been so extreme? :wacko:

And what of the animals on such a hot and dry day. :unsure:

The staff are in :) They got in about 15 mins ago, and are still running around trying to assess the damage. Most obvious is the physical damage, of which there is apparently a lot, and all the equipment that has been taken, presumably as evidence ? This even includes the plug in telephones :huh:

So far there are definately 2 dogs missing, a GSD cross and a collie. They could have been taken, but much more likely they got out in all the chaos this morning :mecry: People are out looking them now.

Kathyw, tonight its just staff allowed in as they need the space to calm everything down, but yes from tomorrow, the volunteers will be allowed in, and tlc will be overflowing :) Volunteers are most welcome always :flowers: Most of the staff also have ttouch training too.

Will update as I hear more.

Oh great somehow I have been taken the wrong way again. The press release was mentioning extreme animal activists? As in those that are fanatics not your usual supporter of anti testing or protestor. I'm assuming you aren't a fanatic that threatens individuals? I was referring to an extreme animal activist that is fanatical, terrorises people etc and yes I do remember one being present on a well known dog rescue forum. I don't think anyone on the refuge would go that far. I hope not anyway but you never know. Also my point earlier about whether the animals were fine was because I thought someone had meant animal activists has set them free or something. No I know full well now that they're not fine. Excuse me I am on the same side here. Jeez I thought people knew me by now. I have also been involved in animal welfare campaigns for the last 25 years. Todays discussion was about extremists not your normal animal welfare supporter. I work for a dog rescue for goodness sake.

I am as disgusted by this as anyone else. I thought the police had swooped in this morning and taken people away. Now we know different.

Edited by Jacobean

The staff are in :) They got in about 15 mins ago, and are still running around trying to assess the damage. Most obvious is the physical damage, of which there is apparently a lot, and all the equipment that has been taken, presumably as evidence ? This even includes the plug in telephones :huh:

So far there are definately 2 dogs missing, a GSD cross and a collie. They could have been taken, but much more likely they got out in all the chaos this morning :mecry: People are out looking them now.

Thank you for letting us know the staff are in - really, really pleased to hear that :flowers:

:( Really hope the two dogs are found safe and sound soon. This must be so worrying for all the staff and volunteers.

To anyone here who knows the manager of Freshfields - can I pass on my hopes that he and all animals in his care are safe and well. :GroupHug:

I knew him many years ago and know he always cared for animals and always acted in their best interests.

Oh no, I hope the two missing dogs are found safe :(

There aren't a lot of facts to go on in the press reports, but I find it really hard to understand why this couldn't have been handled without the safety/welfare of the animals being compromised. I just hope no animals or people have been badly injured :GroupHug:

I was supposed to go there tomorrow afternoon to dog walk and drop food off but I guess that's off now. Poor animals

Alexis, if you can still get there that would be wonderful. If those dogs need anything right now, its their routine restoring, and part of that routine is the walks and the loving attention that you wonderful walkers provide :flowers:

I would say give them a call, but they have no phones :wacko:

Purpuss, thank you for the updates :flowers:

Alexis, I hope you can go and dog walk tomorrow, sounds like the dogs and volunteers at Freshfields will appreciate it.

Now this is back on topic, please can we keep it this way? This thread is not a discussion about AR its about Freshfields. If anyone wants to discuss the rights and wrongs, feel free to start a thread in Controversial. Thank you :flowers:

:ohmy: This is terrible. I got my GSD Cassie from Freshfields last November and I dread to think of what those poor animals have gone though today. I will be hoping and praying that they are all okay and that the two missing dogs are found soon safe and well.

Cassie sends a big hug to all staff and volunteers working there :GroupHug:

We have been following the progress of a greyhound at freshfields that has been undergoing training and behaviorist help and was hopefully being adopted.

I hope this hasnt ruined the hard work done by freshfields staff and supporters. We pray Fred is all right.

Most obvious is the physical damage, of which there is apparently a lot, and all the equipment that has been taken, presumably as evidence ? This even includes the plug in telephones :huh:

Is there anything they need to be able to cope in the short term?

I'm sure there must be some phones and stuff knocking around - I've got

a spare one if it's of any use, but it will take a couple of days to reach them by post.

If anyone has a list of stuff which may be donated (if Freshfields need it), it would be good if it could be posted :wink:

ETA....I meant posted on this thread, not posted at the post office :)

Edited by Kaos