UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Rights Raids Across Uk

Melp

Breakfast news are reporting a major police operation against Animal Rights activists in several locations across the UK. They specifically name Freshfields in Merseyside as one of the locations raided. Does anyone know what this is about? :unsure:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the latest news, it's a significant operation led by Hampshire police. People are being advised to stay away from the area where Freshies is located due to heavy police presence.

Whatever is happening appears to be very big.

Freshfields are the only organisation to have been named but there are several locations being raided.

30 people arrested as suspected AR extremists. Over 300 police involved in raids.

Sorry state of events, cant believe they have targetted a rescue :unsure:

Would have thought it was reasonably logical to think that an animal rights activist would work at a rescue, as supposedly they care about animals. I was going to say I don't imagine they'd have done it without reasonable proof, but having heard of two recent cases where police battered down doors of houses supposedly belonging to drug dealers, only to find terrified OAPs, there's no guarantee of that.

Yep the fact a dog rescue has been targeted doesn't surprise me either. There have been animal activists present on dog rescue forums. I'm sure the animals will be fine as the activists will have been up to deeds elsewhere. The rescue is presumably where they spend most of their time so they've been picked up from there.

Theres a huge difference between believing in Animal Rights and being an extremeist though.

I'd have thought, since this involves several police forces [special Branch not ordinary bobbies] that it's something pretty major. I guess we'll find out soon enough.