UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Rights Raids Across Uk

Melp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything ok the animals must be so scared. :( :(

I believe in animal rights, but, wouldn't break into somewhere and set the animals free. Most of the animals in these laboratories have been brought up in that environment, setting them free must cause immense stress. The way to stop animals been used for research is though letters, petitions etc to get Laws changed.

Very very sad indeed. Poor animals must be really frightened. :angry:

And to bring up someone's past isn't really fair. I'm sure most of us have hunt sabbed in our time.

Kazz xx

Got to say tho, i hope most have never conspired to commit arson. Yes its past ect but this stuff sticks. If animals have been let out ect that is something that should be dealt with definatly and i hope someone is allowed in there to check all is ok :(

Believing in animal rights and animal welfare isn't the same thing. And I doubt "most" of us would sabotage hunts either, despite me being anti-foxhunting, I'd never commit a crime or scare horses and threaten people like that. bit presumptious to think just because we love dogs, we're thoughtless criminals who like to cause aggro.

As for today's events, I hope all the animals are ok - and that the rescue(s) involved take appropriate action to make sure this doesn't happen again, preferably giving the AR nut the heave ho. Extremists dont care about animals and have no place in a rescue.

Edited to add - just checked the other links (only read the BBC one when I posted) and I see it's the rescue owner who's being suspected. Just goes to show - your past will always catch up with you. Good he's doing something constructive now - but there's generally no smoke without fire, let's hope he's not back to his old ways - and that the animals dont pay for his mistakes in the past.

Edited by LisaLQ

Sorry you took my post wrong Lisa. :flowers:

Quote"

"Believing in animal rights and animal welfare isn't the same thing. And I doubt "most" of us would sabotage hunts either, despite me being anti-foxhunting, I'd never commit a crime or scare horses and threaten people like that. bit presumptious to think just because we love dogs, we're thoughtless criminals who like to cause aggro."

It was a figure of speech. :rolleyes: Yes I have put aniseed down etc, but never ever been violent and have not scared any horses.

I also DID NOT say we're thoughtless criminals who like to cause agro.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

Sorry to go off topic mods, but wanted to clear up any misunderstanding before it got out of hand. :flowers:

Kazz x

whatever its about i hope all the animals at freshies and anywhere else are ok :(

Sadly they are not. Having just spoken to some of those involved, they are frantic with worry about their charges. It is not known even whether the animals have been watered or fed, never mind cleaned out, or for some of the more vunerable charges, alive.

This afternoon, one staff member was allowed in to see to the urgent cases, and then got out again quickly. They have been told that they will be allowed in this evening, lets hope that that is true.

A lot has happened that I cant go into just incase of legalities, but lets just say that no one, two or four legged is having a good day.

LisaLQ re your post at 3.06pm today. If ever there was a post that I have found upsetting and insulting, it was that one. If I was to reply as I would like to, there would be very real grounds for banning me which I would prefer not to happen. I would just ask that you do not make presumtious judgements until all the facts come to light. Thank you.

Sadly they are not. Having just spoken to some of those involved, they are frantic with worry about their charges. It is not known even whether the animals have been watered or fed, never mind cleaned out, or for some of the more vunerable charges, alive.

This afternoon, one staff member was allowed in to see to the urgent cases, and then got out again quickly. They have been told that they will be allowed in this evening, lets hope that that is true.

A lot has happened that I cant go into just incase of legalities, but lets just say that no one, two or four legged is having a good day.

I am really sorry to hear that :( and I agree, we shouldn't be too hasty to make assumptions from what we read in the press. I really hope the animals are all ok.

Yep the fact a dog rescue has been targeted doesn't surprise me either. There have been animal activists present on dog rescue forums. I'm sure the animals will be fine as the activists will have been up to deeds elsewhere. The rescue is presumably where they spend most of their time so they've been picked up from there.

Well, as someone who used to be active for animal rights - and still believe that animals are entitles to those rights - I'm not sure what you mean by this post. Should animal rights activists not be on rescue forums? And as you might have read by now, no, the animals are not fine :( They have had the living daylights scared out of them and have not been cared for since. Fortunately I can only speak from hearsay, but raids are never quiet, gentle affairs, and the police will have had other things on their minds than being thoughtful about the fact that there are a lot of (physically as well as emotionally damaged) animals there, and the effect that their carrying on will have on them. Also, just like with the pit bull "amnesty" the police categorically denied that they ever cocked up in that - but we all know better. They will never admit that, due to their heavy-handedness, animals have died, that would be bad publicity for a story they are so eager to push as a resounding success. Doesn't mean it's not happened though.

And for those who want to lump everyone who believes in animal rights together: it's exactly that train of thought that caused the pit bull amnesty: tarring every dog of a "type" with the same brush.

Jacobean, I'm not having a go at you personally, but I get fed up with people, who have never been involved in animal welfare/rights campaigning, judging a whole movement that they really have no idea about.

And whoever commented about the manager "having his past catch up with him" and "where there is smoke there is fire": so what should he have done then, after he'd served his sentence, stocking shelves at Asda? The guy's been doing emotionally and physically draining, underpaid and undervalued work ever since his release, what more do you want?

I know this might cause a bit of a stir, but I would expect people on a forum like this to be less judgemental towards other people who care about those very same animals we all profess to care about on here. And I seriously hope that Freshfields can count on the support of people once it's allowed to resume their care for the animals - cause doG knows they will need it!

I really don't know what to say. :( Those poor animals. :mecry: Police raids are never quiet. Bull in a china shop comes to mind. Hope that the animals and the people that care for them recover from their trauma. :GroupHug:

IF, and it is a big if, there was anyone there who was using a rescue centre as a shield, I hope that they are suitabely ashamed of themselves.

Believing in animal rights and animal welfare isn't the same thing. And I doubt "most" of us would sabotage hunts either, despite me being anti-foxhunting, I'd never commit a crime or scare horses and threaten people like that. bit presumptious to think just because we love dogs, we're thoughtless criminals who like to cause aggro.

Sorry but also a bit presumptious to assume that anyone who has sabotaged a hunt has done so by scaring horses and threatening people. Yes sabbing has it rogue elements but the majority of people involved love horses as much as foxes and would not harm one for anything.