UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Rights Raids Across Uk

Melp

the 2 dogs missing are still out there somewhere! posters will be on Doglost today if anyone local can help! One has never been away form his brother and his brother is pinning at freshfields for his return!

also like purrpuss cant really comment that much but there is no one with police at moment....speaking to ppl on phone they all just shound so shocked and well......just real shock and worry about these two poor babies out!

PLES PLS can local ppl help with looking

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to some staff this morning and they thank everyone so much for the good thoughts and wishes.

As Heva has said, there is a deep sense of shock and worry about the 2 missing dogs, and a stoic lets get on with it feeling.

Apart from the 2 missing dogs (thank you doglost :flowers: ) the rest of the animals seem to be ok.

The staff and volunteers are now concentrating on the clean up and making sure that the farm is safe and secure again.

There is an immediate wish list if anyone has these bits ?

• a fax machine
    a good fotocopier
    an anwering machine (there is a chance that this one will be sorted today)

For the peeps that have asked about donations, at the moment it will have to be via cheques and post.

Freshfields does not have a paypal account (it is now something that they are going to look into), and cannot take fone donations at the moment as the card machine has also been taken, and the new one will take 48hrs to arrive.

Freshfields Animal Rescue

East Lodge Farm

East Lane

Ince Blundell

Liverpool

L29 3EA

Prayers now that the next post is that the dogs are back safe and sound.

Sadly they are not. Having just spoken to some of those involved, they are frantic with worry about their charges. It is not known even whether the animals have been watered or fed, never mind cleaned out, or for some of the more vunerable charges, alive.

This afternoon, one staff member was allowed in to see to the urgent cases, and then got out again quickly. They have been told that they will be allowed in this evening, lets hope that that is true.

A lot has happened that I cant go into just incase of legalities, but lets just say that no one, two or four legged is having a good day.

LisaLQ re your post at 3.06pm today. If ever there was a post that I have found upsetting and insulting, it was that one. If I was to reply as I would like to, there would be very real grounds for banning me which I would prefer not to happen. I would just ask that you do not make presumtious judgements until all the facts come to light. Thank you.

First of all I'd like to say I do honestly hope all is getting sorted at the rescue and the lost dogs are found. I thoroughly agree heavy handed actions are wrong, obviously unless there was something extremely sinister going on (evidence of plans to firebomb for example) but no doubt that isn't the case. I dont agree with how this was handled, and my heart goes out to the staff (if they turn out to be innocent and I hope they do) and animals.

My point was - the guy has been imprisoned in the past for violent AR actions, and despite (as I said) him doing good now - your past will always haunt you - and if, and I mean if (as who knows yet?) he (or an accomplice) has been doing so again and using the rescue as a cover for it - whoever is involved deserves the full hand of the law descending on them. If anyone there is involved in any criminal activity (violent or non-violent), it is they who have brought this on the rescue - and they should be punished for it if proven to have done so.

Violence has no place in animal welfare. I sincerely hope that it isn't the case (and I'm sure it isn't for many/most - maybe all - of the staff) - and if so I totally agree that this was pointless, shocking and unnecessary - but should there be any risk to life - human or animal - sometimes heavy tactics are needed. Still could have been handled a lot better by the police, I totally agree that this has been a terrible experience, and answers are needed from them.

As for the person who asked what he should be doing after serving his sentence, I'm sure he's entitled to do whatever he wants as long as it's within the law - and I think it's marvellous he's turned a leaf and started helping animals rather than hindering them - but my point was he cant expect to wipe the slate clean - if he didn't want to be suspected of criminal activity, he shouldn't have committed a crime. Yes it's great he's moved on and I'm sure he's a wonderful person who loves animals - but we all always pay for our mistakes (and we've all made them) throughout our lives, the only way we can prevent being assumed to be a criminal is by not becoming one in the first place. It wasn't that long ago, and it will be on permanent record, so no doubt it will be dragged up every time something like this happens. It's sad, and I wish it weren't true - but it is. Had the man been a paedophile, would you have said he shouldn't be questionned should kids go missing? The police have to start somewhere, and previous convictions will always trigger alarms. However, I'm sure he's innocent, well - I hope so at least - and if so - my heart and best wishes go to him and his staff and I hope all is back on track asap.

I hope that explained things a bit better than my last post. :flowers:

There is an immediate wish list if anyone has these bits ?
  • a fax machine
    a good fotocopier
    an anwering machine (there is a chance that this one will be sorted today)

I have a fax that also has an answerphone and does copies.

If anyone is going to Liverpool from Leicestershire, they'd be welcome to it.

I have a fax that also has an answerphone and does copies.

If anyone is going to Liverpool from Leicestershire, they'd be welcome to it.

I will be going to Liverpool from Sheffield on Friday, if anyone can get it up here before then (assuming it isn't huge and will fit on the back seat of my car!)

Claz, Phoae, thank you. If its possible, that would be wonderful :flowers:

One of the missing dogs has been spotted, and there are peeps currently searching in that area.

Ok, really deep breath. LisaLQ, firstly thank you for the good thoughts for the missing dogs, the more of those they have the better.

The gentleman you say was imprisoned for violent actions was not imprisoned for violent actions, but on a charge of conspiracy. He, along with another, did indeed think of doing an action and talked about it, BUT, didn't actually do anything. Thinking of doing something is concidered a conspiracy and carries heavier penalties than actually doing something. He served a longer prison sentance for thinking of an action than if he had committed a much more serious crime involving human life. But then crimes against property generally do have more severe penalties than those involving life.

He was not arrested yesterday, he was not the focus of the police. He wasn't questioned. As he is the manager he appeared in media reports, BUT that does not mean that the police were at the farm because of him. And yes, he truely is a lovely lovely person.

Sadly your last post has done nothing to clear up the previous one. Rather the hole being dug has just deepened and been lined with even more patronising judgemental glib totally unhelpful comments.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all the animals especially the 2 poor mites who are out there, and the brother pining at Freshfields :GroupHug:

How are the police not responsible for these 2 dogs getting out? surely they should take some responsibilty for this?? :unsure: as it was a result of their actions... :angry:

I really hope the missing dogs are found soon.

Whether there are reasonable grounds for suspicion or not it seems odd to me that the police could not manage to arrest their suspects without animals escaping. I can't believe that this was a necessary part of arresting members of staff or searching for evidence. Even if they needed to search in every dog bed and cat litterbox, surely they could have shut the doors while they did so?

Why did they not get expert help with the animal-handling side of things? God help them if they ever have to search a zoo: we will have tigers roaming the place before breakfast!

It is all very well for police searches to be sudden and unexpected, but this just sounds disorganised and messy.

I have some experience of police searches, having lived in a house which was searched by the police, if I remember correctly, 3 times before they finally found the murdered body of one of my housemates hidden, not very effectively, in a cellar. My conclusion was that policemen are not as good at searching as you'd expect them to be!

Edited by cycas

How are the police not responsible for these 2 dogs getting out? surely they should take some responsibilty for this?? :unsure: as it was a result of their actions... :angry:

Totally agree with you on that one, but can't see it happening :(

Cycas I wish I could answer your post, but again dont want to endanger any future legal proceedings :glare: Lets just say that your exeriance sounds similar ! (that sounds like a bad experiance, hope you're ok now :GroupHug: )

I've just found out that gary has a meeting in Preston this morning; he's just left and I've made him put the fax machine on his back seat just in case.

Is there anyone out there that could meet him lunchtimeish ? If so, call me on 01664 812361 and I will give you his mobile number. :flowers:

had some poss sightings of the dogs whcih is good! im going up tonight so will let you knwo if need anything and whats going on! fingers crossed these 2 guys come out of hiding while there is aload of us about!