UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh Wanda how pretty do you look in your new frock :wub: :wub:

Lovely ridden pics Reds :biggrin: Duke looks amazing and ready for action :wub: If not a little shocked in the last picture, it is as if he is telling Squeak "you would not believe what just happened to me" :laugh:

Ermm Jacky have you not forgot to update us on anything :unsure:

Loki is now fine and happy to be ridden again phew :biggrin: Ironically the clinic was cancelled on Saturday due to the awful weather forecast for Sunday that didn't appear, so I guess I was really really was not destined to go to that clinic :huh:

Does anyone know when a field has been topped how long you need to keep the horses off it? The only info I can find says until the cut grass has dried, the grass in question has died but with the rain it is not dried :wacko:

Oooh Wanda - very smart :)

Duke and you both look very happy to be out and about Reds - Duke is lookign good!

Glad that Loki is back to normal - this particular clinic was obviously not meant to be!!

meant to ask Sarah about topping tonight - and forgot - sorry! Will try to remember tomorrow!

Finally got some ridden photos of my boy today - unfortunatley he was covered in mud, so can't really use them to advertise him (another delaying tactic!), but at least they give an idea of how he can move - my friend is looking determined as she finds that saddle very hard work!! :laugh:

rightreintrot.jpg

rightrein2.jpg

leftreinwalk.jpg

leftreincanter.jpg

Ooh, nearly forgot, I rode the TB gelding tonight - was a bag of nerves and it was like sitting on a razor blade after Rolo, but we survived!

Edited by Bradders

Rolo is looking great Jen, boy does he move well! He looks stunning :wub:

Apparantly Loki is known to the local police :unsure: One of the liverys had to go and give a statement and in talking mentioned where he kept his horse, he was asked if he owned the big black and white horse, as they have been concerned about him because he is often being picked on by two bay horses, they weren't sure whether to come in and tell someone :rolleyes:

For there to have been two bay horses doing it means it was a while ago as he is only out with one other who is bay, but since the changes he hasn't come in with nearly as many bites or kicks so don't think it is an issue now, but made me smile to think he is known to the law :laugh:

Shame about the clinic Clare, I was going to ask how it went!!

Rolo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: He is beautiful (even with mud!!) I've just shown my friend Kat and she's completely smitten!!!! Said she'd even sell her new Golf for him!!! :laugh: Don't think her hubby would be of the same mind though!! It's such a shame. :mecry: Well done for riding TB, think I'd be nervous of the lack of neck and shoulders!!!

Welllll last night I decided to try and hack out alone!! I just took him on the estate land so no traffic to worry about. He went out like a dream (actually abit strong and forward for my liking!!! :laugh: ), but he kept in control and didn't try and rush off with me. BUT when I tried to turn him round to go back down the fields he decided that wasn't going to happen cos I think he thought he was going 'home'!! So I spend over 30 mins just standing in the middle of a field!! He didn't buck, bolt or even try and turn me he just stood!!! I tried very strong leg on (owch my legs hurt now!), I tried flicking the reins on his neck and then kicking like a Thelwell girl!!! :laugh: Eventually I just sat there and waited!! He started to walk sideways and then I think he gave in and walked back beautifully!!! When I got back to the yard one of the girls asked where I'd ridden and when I told her she laughed and said that normally only takes 20 mins and I'd been gone an hour!!! Oh well at least he didn't buck me off so it's all progress!!! Did show off when we got back though, the girl was trying to jump her cob (I'll try and get photo's cos this lad has feathers like you wouldn't believe!!!! He's absolutely stunning!!! :wub: ) and he kept refusing so she asked if Kane would jump so I took him in and did a couple of little ones!! She was very impressed and asked if she could have a go on him one day! :wink: :biggrin:

Hoping the weather improves here cos I'm off this afternoon and was going to try and hack him again but at least I've got an indoor school now if it's raining so he doesn't get a day off!!! :laugh:

Well my slow progress is continuing well. Had another half hour lesson today but Claire, usual instructor, was busy so had someone else and she had me doing diaganols in the school. Rode a different horse, this time a lovely Grey called Monty who was very good with me, bless him :wub:

I saw Claire as I was leaving and have booked in for an hour's hack in 2 weeks time, so will be nice to get out of the school :wink:

Oh, and much more comfortable in the new jods :laugh:

Oh, and much more comfortable in the new jods :laugh:

Jods can make a whole heap of difference :laugh:

Glad that it is still going well :)

You have got some nice policemen in your neck of the woods Clare :) We have the anti terrorist ones up and down our bridle path every day (near Gatwick flight path) - last Summer Rolo terrified one . He was complete with guns, the works (copper, not Rolo :rolleyes: ) - Rolo was not sure what to make of him so I parked him next door to the policeman and let him have a good sniff - didn't occur to me that a gun toting policemen could be scared of my little Rolo :rolleyes: He was terrified!! The WPC was a bit braver :laugh:

Well done Jacky :flowers: . Barney my old pony used to nap for England - I found sitting there and not making a fuss got us there in the end. I think this is the beginning of a new and exciting era for you and Kane :biggrin:

The TB last night wasn't a huge success - he is as stiff as a board - he is physically unable to bend left and his saddle was horrific - it was far too low on him. I am not very happy about riding him again to be honest - he seems so miserable. I will see if his owners will let me do some ground work with him - they are lovely, lovely people, who have effectively rescued him.

I was horrified at how scared I was - at one point someone led their horse past the school to turn her out - TB looked and picked up his step a bit - that's all - and I nearly had heart failure! :laugh: But at least I tried trotting him after that! hopefully this is a temporary blip!

:laugh: I can relate to the heart failure!!! I'm a big one for looking like I'm fine but inside I'm a jelly!!! :laugh: TB sounds like a sweetheart, it would be nice to do some work with him.

Sounds like you are going great guns Wendy. :wink:

Welllll I hacked out again yesterday afternoon. :biggrin: :biggrin: Went across the main fields where they do the clay pigeon shooting. He again went out like a rocket, head very high and fast! Got around 100 metres and he did the biggest spook ever!!!! Typically that was in full view of the 5 or 6 young girls who were playing around with their horses!! Have to say they are lovely kids, they all shouted over if I was okay and then said they were massively impressed how I'd sat that spook!!! :laugh: Years of practice I'm afraid!!! Anyway he carried on until we lost sight of the stables then he got nervous, he of course decided to nap on a very steep hill so I got off and led him. Found my way through the fields, thank god we've got full access cos I did get abit lost and randomly wandered through fields for about an hour!!! :laugh: He did seem to enjoy it though. Then found the lane I was looking for and got back on, he then did his statue act!! This one was around 15 minutes and eventually I just shouted and he set off!!!! He did really well and we went quiet far but unfortunately the last bit of the lane is very covered by trees and the light was odd and I think he couldn't see properly (I do sometimes forget about his eyesight and really should be more considerate of it) so I realised then he wasn't being naughty he was actually scared so I dismounted again and we walked through the scarey bit!! Got back on (tell you what if nothing else comes of this move I can now get on and off like a pro!!! :laugh: ) and he realised he was back near the stables and he went lovely. I ended up coming back on a fairly busy road (for round here anyway :laugh: ) and when I got to the gate the local hunt master was there (his horses have been on rest at the stables) and he admired Kane and said that he'd never hack on that road so I was really lucky to have such a safe horse!! :biggrin: :wink: I didn't tell him about the napping!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

It is official, I love my husband :wub: Was sat in work this morning and the skies went so black it was like night time. The heavens opened. Steve rang to ask me if I would like him to go to the field and bring Feniks and his three field mates in. He took Darryl and Lauren with him and met one of the other owners there. No doubt it will brighten up this afternoon now that they are in their stables :rolleyes:

While Steve was putting Feniks in his stable, Helen (my friend who runs the Equissage course I wanted to do) asked him if he thought I would mind if she used Feniks for the course this afternoon. So he will be getting a lovely massage today :)

:wub: Rolo! He looks luffly!!!

Jacky, sounds wonderful :flowers: I will happily get some pics of you 'n Kane jumping when we are there if you like. (only two weeks now)

What a well trained hubby :biggrin:

:biggrin: Oh I'd forgotten about that!! That would be brill...even better I can take some photo's of you riding Kane!!!! :biggrin: I'm more than happy for you to come to the stables and I'll walk with you while you have a hack out on him? Honestly he's safe as houses with his mum there.

:biggrin: Oh I'd forgotten about that!! That would be brill...even better I can take some photo's of you riding Kane!!!! :biggrin: I'm more than happy for you to come to the stables and I'll walk with you while you have a hack out on him? Honestly he's safe as houses with his mum there.

:biggrin: :flowers: :biggrin:

Yay Kane pics, will be great to see his new place as well :biggrin:

Just called to book on an upcoming jumping clinic, the lady said that she thought the first class which we did last time would be too small, so did we want to do the second class which is on grass and is half SJ and half XC, body protector must be worn :unsure: Oh well why not, seems far enough way at the moment for it to be a good idea :rolleyes: :laugh:

Sooo Jacky how is your practising coming along for Sunday then :D