UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

She is officially GORGEOUS! .....and very VERY like the lovely Tara some dear old friends of ours used to own, when we used to help out at their trekking centre/rescue in Wales moons ago.

Her previous owner must be very thrilled she's got such a wonderful home.

Looking forward to meeting her.

Roz & co

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Just my type (big fat and food obsessed!!! :laugh: :laugh: ) Sounds likes she knows she's home and how lovely for her owner to know that she's loved and cared for, I know if I was ill and needed a home for Kane I'd be over the moon if someone like you stepped up to offer (not that I'm hinting btw!!! :laugh: :wink: ).

I didn't get my first horse til I was over 30 either. :wink:

I can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

Oh Sarah Tara is gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: Congratulations :biggrin: :flowers: Can't wait to hear all about your adventures together :biggrin:

Anne, the yard is 5 minutes from Wokingham train station, but if easier I could pick you up from Bracknell or Reading :) I told Loki last night you may come and visit and he was very excited :biggrin:

Yay Sarah, Tara is just gorgeous, you lucky thing!!

I might be joining you guys in the horse owning club in the next year, Mr CS has been offered a job that would involve moving to a house in the country, by a beach, with stables and fields, hmmm, me thinks I might start looking in the classifieds :biggrin: Ideally I am going to look for an ID mare and then have some fun plus at some point put her to one of the Appy stallions and have my own AppyXID foal :biggrin: not that I am jumping the gun ever so slightly :rolleyes:

I might be joining you guys in the horse owning club in the next year, Mr CS has been offered a job that would involve moving to a house in the country, by a beach, with stables and fields, hmmm, me thinks I might start looking in the classifieds :biggrin: Ideally I am going to look for an ID mare and then have some fun plus at some point put her to one of the Appy stallions and have my own AppyXID foal :biggrin: not that I am jumping the gun ever so slightly :rolleyes:

Oooh you lucky lady that is fantastic :flowers:

There are some lovely IDs advertised here IDS GB :ph34r_anim:

Oooh you lucky lady that is fantastic :flowers:

There are some lovely IDs advertised here IDS GB :ph34r_anim:

not allowed to find dream horse this week, gotta wait till it all goes through, OK so if perfect horse came along I would work something out. Ideally bay or black to give best chance of colour when put to an Appy stallion, no greys or chestnuts, ideally 16.2hh - not that I have been planning this :biggrin:

Tara sounds absolutely fantastic - I am a great fan of oldies - Nemo was 18 when he came to me and he taught me loads.

You will have great fun with her :biggrin:

Ooo Freya, that sounds exciting :) Now are you sure that I can't tempt you with a very kind coloured cob? :laugh:

A dun ID, yes please Jacky !! :biggrin: Sounds like heaven crazyspaniels.

Tara is wonderful, I love her lots already and she's not even mine :laugh: She has herself a fantastic new home. Her previous owner was an absolute gem, very hard to find - honest, genuine, kind, generous and a seriously nice lady. She even knows our Lesley! If only all people were like that.

Took some quick pics of the boys today, no special reason, just as they are and doing what they do. Both are a little under 30 and they do look it now :( . Could probably carry more weight but as they both have 'leg issues' I'm happier with them a bit leaner especially as they have 24 hr grass. Duke has no defined neck muscle with being out of work but they are the most content I have ever known them to be. They've just about lost their winter coats now. They used to be so pampered - in every night and some days. Groomed until every individual hair shone! I spent hours and hours grooming. Now they hardly ever see the inside of their stables and apart from rubber curry combing, have had no grooming. Trimmed Duke's mane a little today and gave him his first quick body brush of the year. They are very happy field boys.

Duke with his summer dapples starting to show:

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Handsome Squeak waiting his turn doing his first seasonal tree cropping:

sq1.jpg

sq2.jpg

sq3.jpg

sq4.jpg

sq5.jpg

Yard maintenance duty:

sq6.jpg