UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Which one? The one in the field was just for the first day so it's a normal one, and the black one is his control one which I adore!!! It's stopped him making a complete fool of me and dragging me round the yard!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh meant to say. Hacked out on saturday with Jaspers dad (John) again, lovely ride and Kane was perfect!!! So sunday I decided to try him out again alone. Took him upto the top field and set off...ended up with him bolting back with me, and then 20 minutes of me fighting him and him doing everything to avoid moving!! :( Eventually the YO's ex-hubby came up (you can see the top field from the yard) and he said 'right tell me to p off if you don't want help' so I said no I appreciate any help. So he then said ' okay I'm going to really shout at you but I'm only doing it for you!!' :ohmy: He proceeded to tell me off for my legs, my hands and my attitude, he said that Kane was taking the p*ss out of me big time and I needed to get some balls and stop mothering him!!! :mellow: He had a crop and held it up to Kane (who nearly went ballistic) so he said he wasn't going to make me hold it but he was going to make Kane realise that listening to me was a much better option than standing near the horrible man!!!! :laugh:

He kept thrashing the crop against his own leg, and shouting at me to kick on, let go of the reins and allow Kane to move forward!! I couldn't believe it!! He did a huge bunny hop and then just walked forward, he then yelled at me to trot on and not take my leg off!! Kane did the whole field (around 40acres I think) and when I turned him back he didn't even try and rush!!! By the time I was half way back John (who had seen what was going on) had tacked up Jasper and came in the field and we took Kane back to the gate 4 times and made him walk away again, first 3 he tried to nap and the last one Jasper actually napped and Kane didn't!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I was shaking like a leaf, bright red in the face but so happy!!!!!! YO'er ex had left by then so I didn't even get to thank him!!! I knew if he'd been nice to me I'd not of done it and Jayne (YO) said after he'd seen me struggling and asked Jayne if I was the sort to cry if he shouted at me!!! :laugh: :laugh: I'm going to try again tonight and see what he does but this time I'm alot more confident!!! I'm so glad I moved to this yard, I've done more in 2 weeks than I did in 2 years at the farm!!!

:laugh: Sounds like a lovely bunch of people at your yard Jacky, I am so glad you moved :biggrin:

The headcollar he was turned out in looked a bit like my one that was trashed, fieldsafes are great for horses grazing alone I deducted :laugh:

Good luck tonight, i think you'll be fine :laugh:

Coo, well done Jacky!!!!! What a good move it's been to leave the farm.

I've just put £1600 worth of saddle in the post and I'm almost shaking in my shoes imagining it getting lost! It's insured etc but I'm still worried! :unsure: Will be ringing First Thought at 9am tomorrow to make sure they've got it!

Hopefully this will work for you guys. 3 copies of Your Horse for £3? LINKY You just have to set up direct debit but remember to cancel it once the 3 months is up. I do this alot and usually if you don't subscribe after the 3 months a couple of months down the line they make the same offer again!!! You can usually get quiet a few copys for a £1 each!!! :wink:

This is Lady Tara. I need some advice. I *think* I am being abused - by a Jack Russell puppy!

Her name is Pocket Rocket and she pretends to be my friend! She is very small, and I might have accidently nearly squished her, but as soon as she squawked I lifted my tootsie up and said sorry. That was just after I'd moved in and I haven't done it since. Rocket said she knew it was an accident, and we were Best Friends Forever still. She said it was her own fault because was too near my feet so I couldn't see her. I think she may have been fibbing, because things have been happening recently that really just aren't cricket! I suspect she is holding a grudge!

Point 1. She nicks my carrots and apples from the house. She know where Mummy keeps them, and helps herself! Obviously I don't go in the house (yet), although I do have designs on the main bedroom when winter sets in.

Rocket raids my stash, and then comes racing out the front of the house. She either, a) sits and eats my apples and carrots right in front of me, but just the other side of the fence so I can't reach! b) brings them into my field, pretending she is giving them to me, and then when I get close grabs them again and runs off c) drops them into my water bucket so I have to try and apple bob! My Snoss gets all wet! Ocassionally she will just actually bring me apples and carrots and give them to me, but it is very ocassionally! Only twice a day!

Point 2. She brings me toys to play with. Has no one told her I do not need stuffed teddies, raggers and other such stuff! Personally I think she has designs on my field and is trying to move in! Mummy came out yesterday and I was surrounded by the bloody things! Rocket was sat next to me looking very pleased with herself! I did my best grumpy face - which was difficult because I knew Mummy had my secret apple stuffed in her pocket, so I failed and whinnied instead.

Point 3. And this is perhaps the cruellest of all!! Rocket teases me and plays tricks on me!! I mean, a Lady of my standing! Outrageous! She goes into the house, and I hear her rustling in the apple bag. Now I have to wait and see if she is going to eat it the other side of the gate, bring it in the field and make me play chase or just give it to me. Ahhhhhh, here she comes..... into the field.......she's dropped it in front of me..... she's stepped back....... she's wagging her tail and looking at me and then looking at the lovely green apple on the floor. "It's all yours Tara"...... she steps back a bit further and waits. I go over to enjoy my lovely green apple - to discover its a bloody tennis ball!!!!!! Rocket runs off sniggering!!!! Gotcha again!!!! This happens about 10 times a day! Then one of those flaming collies will come in and get it. Really! Outrageous!

Now, to all my friends and admirers out there, something must been done about this puppy! This is obviously abuse at its highest level! Any suggestions gratefully received. I have tried my own methods of getting rid of the brat, but she always bounces back. Yesterday evening Mum and I were riding through the crop field, and Rocket was with us. She is quite good as a hacking chum, I will give her that. Anyway, me and Mum decided that we would cut across a bit, forget that we were tall - well, Mum forgot, I didn't..... and Rocket is very tiny. Teee heee..... we went bounding off...... and left her ferretting around in the crops trying to find her way out! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! She did manage to work her way through the crops eventually and get back on the track behind us, but it was at least a little bit of revenge!

Tara, I have witnessed Rocket's shocking behaviour to you and did my best to rectify the situation by being prepared to martyr myself and take her home with me, however your mother wouldn't let me :( I believe you may have to have a word with your mother about that one. :glare:

:laugh: :laugh: I think Lady Tara deserves much better than this!!! I demand she is boxed up and comes to live on Anglesey with a young man that will treat her with the respect she deserves!!! :wub: :wub:

Oh yes found out yesterday........I've been named as the benificiary (sp) in someones will. Very nice...except she's left me her horse!! Not only her horse...but said horse is now in foal...so foal as well!!! :laugh: :laugh: She did say she'd made sure enough funds were included to ensure a secure life for Minstral and foal but I was abit shocked!!! Lovely compliment I guess. Joyce said she couldn't think of anyone else who would make sure Minstral recieved the level of care she's used to and she knew I would never ever sell her!!! I told her I couldn't guarantee I'd be able to give her the time she deserves but I'd make sure a perfect loan home was found and of course she'd have a safe, secure retirement when the time comes!! Obviously Joyce isn't going anywhere anytime soon (I hope) but she said she felt happier knowing that Minstral was sorted!!