UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh poop!!! Even in my wildest dreams I won't fit that one!!! :laugh:

Yeah that rules me out too :laugh:

Saddler visit went ok, changes made fingers crossed they solve the problem, he did feel better when I rode in it after the changes, but because of his shoe I only walked him round. Saddler though my problem was made worse by my saddle pad being padded and bouncy and also the material being crinckly to wick away sweat was actuall abrasive :wacko:

Never thought about it, tis a lovely saddle pad :unsure: but understand what he was saying so won't use it again :rolleyes:

Farrier out this afternoon then you never know I may actuall get to ride :laugh:

My new stress for today is that a yearling arrived yesterday from Holland, no vacs, skinny, manky eye, snotty nose and this morning is coughing, of course she has been put into the stable next to Loki and they have had nose to nose contact, I am none too pleased, and just about to call my vet to see if there is anything I can do to prevent him catching it, but guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Good news about the saddle, fingers crossed it's sorted now.

I wouldn't be at all happy about that either Clare!!! I'd of thought some sort of quarantine for the youngster would of been well advised!!!!! :(

Still haven't spoken to Lynn since I've said I'm leaving. Annoyed that she's taken such offence, it's not a reflection on her because I want more for Kane!

Put an advert in local PO to see if I can find some land, I'm really beginning to fancy having Kane near home for a while. Going to see how I feel at the new place, cos if I really love it (and he does too) of course I'll stay there. But the attraction of being able to have him close to home is very strong right now. Not holding out much hope cos I know it's like finding hens teeth getting good safe grazing.

Oh Jacky I didn't know Lynn had taken it like that :GroupHug: Hopefully in time she will see you are trying to do the best for Kane, and it's not personal.

Good luck with the advert :flowers:

Spoke to my vet who said their is nothing I can do know, and just hope if the filly has something, being older Loki already has an immunity to it. Terrific :rolleyes:

Think I might start him on an immune boosting supplement, at least I feel like I am doing something!

Go on Reds have a sit on :biggrin:

Yeah that rules me out too :laugh:

Zak rides in it and he is 6ft 3!! :laugh: (I thought he would look ridiculous on Rolo, but he doesn't - he says that he doesn't feel ridiculous either :) )

Sort of good news about the saddle then Clare - amazing the difference pads can make - I was once told that too thick a cloth was the equivalent of wearing thick woolly socks in a pair of close fitting shoes. Not such good news about the filly - fingers crossed that it is just the stress of travelling and that it is nothing to worry about :GroupHug:

I had no idea Lynn was being funny either - I assumed it was all tickedy-boo. Oh well, nowt as queer as folk - you'll be away soon enough and I am sure she will be fine then.

Zak rides in it and he is 6ft 3!! :laugh:

Yeah but I bet his is built like a lampost :laugh:

Rode last night and he felt pretty awful, very tense and trying to buck gave it ten mins and came in feeling :mecry:

Gave myself a talking to he hasn't been ridden for two weeks and being a sensitive soul he is bound to be thinking it is going to hurt, so decided to have a sit on this morning save me fretting about it all day until our assesment lesson with him tonight, and phew he was much better, again I only sat on him for ten minutes and mainly in walk but he was so much happier, so fingers crossed he should be okay when Jo has a look at him from the ground tonight.

Had a slight wibble yesterday as when my farrier came to shoe him he had to take the bar shoe off and put a normal shoe in, as his frog has gone a bit too soft and he was worried about the pressure, so I just hope he doesn't go lame again :rolleyes:

Oh and one more thing in an eventful week :rolleyes: went to catch them this morning to find they had let themselves into the ten acre field that is rented to the farmer for hay, they were very pleased with themselves and very fat :laugh:

:GroupHug: Good idea to get back on today, otherwise you'd have been worrying all day. Hope he doesn't go lame...think he'll need some work to get rid of those extra calories!!! :wub: :wub:

Got to the farm last night...all the horses have been put in the big field together..of course fat boy was stuffing his face and totally ignoring me!!! He's already looking alot fatter than I'd like! Roll on sunday where I can choose what and how much he eats!!! :( Lynn finally spoke to me, asked if I wanted her to take Kane in the trailer to his new home, thought that was nice to offer but I'm going to ride/walk him so he'll be tired and hopefully less stressed when he gets there.

Oh yes I meant to ask when the big moving day was going to be :GroupHug:

I am sure he will settle and make friends in no time at all, this time next week you will be looking forward to a weekend of hacking in all those lovely acres :biggrin:

Oh and don't forget the camera :D

We RODE!! (thank you for the encouragement). I was very trepidatious about what might happen but was really really pleased. The first five minutes he was really calm and not batting an eyelid at anything, then the Duke fizz started to come back in but he was still very gentle which is a first! He completely ignored Squeak whose poor heart was breaking with Duke being out of the field without him and was a very well behaved boy. He didn't even try to bite me when I did his girth up :biggrin: Now that really is a first :laugh: He felt the stones on the yard but apart from that being barefoot didn't appear to bother him at all. I love my big boys :wub:

I'd forgotten how many muscles you use to ride though :ohmy:

When I turned Duke back out there was a beautiful moment when he and Squeak 'kissed', just stood nose to nose gently sniffing and nuzzling each other, really close. Missed it of course so got the after pic :dry:

duke.jpg

Forgive the farmer's fence, I loathe barbed and sheep wire with a passion and would never ever choose it

duke1.jpg

duke4.jpg

duke3.jpg

duke2.jpg

duke6.jpg

Awwww Dukey, look at you! What a good boy. :)

Squeak is such a darling.

Wanda, Lady Tara says she REALLY has to know what boutique you go too?

Mummy may have been purchasing her some new goodies while mean Auntie "no she doesn't need a purple sparkly headcollar" Lindsey hasn't been looking. :ph34r_anim:

Wanda says of course Tara needs a sparkly headcollar, she's a laydee! Any catalogue with bling is her fancy, OH tries to hide them but we catch him out and he does like to spend on her, the latest rug is a Robinson's best! :laugh: Wanda's Aunty Kate was very taken with a pink headcollar with 'Precious' across the noseband, unfortunately only in pony sizes or was that fortunately! :wacko:

Super ridden pics of Duke Reds and the reunion with Squeak is so cute, they do love each other!

:wub: I think you tell tales Lesley!! There is no way Duke is an old boy...he looks absolutely fantastic!!! Well done for riding, looks like you both enjoyed it!! :wub:

Wanda looks lovely. :wub: Before I got Kane I was due to buy a little grey mare (vetting turned up extreamly bad so I had to say no to her :mecry: ) but in my excitement I bought pink headcollars and lead ropes....needless to say Kane wasn't impressed when he arrived and the only thing I had to put on him was a shocking pink headcollar!!! :laugh: