UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Clare, you need to remember you are paying them therefore they should be trying to keep you happy not the other way round. Would your instructor help you out when you go to them, bit of moral support as well as giving her viewpoint. :)

Exactly! Get stroppy big style, good idea to take instructor too.

I have saddle problems though not fitting related, my lovely black WOW has gone green! It's been re-dyed once and promply went green again, First Thought have agreed to recover it, well they have after a severe bollocking from the saddle fitter/supplier, so I'm sending it off on Monday and hope it doesn't take weeks!

Here's Finn in our top paddock - I took the pic from the conservatory door last night. It almost seems like the horses are in the house with us when they're in that paddock :laugh:

751b111768046d85e50a34f98f740995.JPG

and I meant to post this pic ages ago but this is Frant on the first day at his livery yard saying hello to his new female friend :rolleyes: Frant is on the left of the pic.

68bf14040ad4bd80a7c0a4a04f9b80d4.JPG

Everyones horses are just fabulous and im sick with envy :biglovesick:

We had our lesson today at long last and it was super. Havent been riding in about 3-4 years but we started off slow in the small arena, then moved into the large arena to try some trot and then went out for a 40 minute hack through all the farmland. We passed loads of horses in the fields, the sun was shining and it was brilliant to be back in the saddle again.

I rode a gorgeous black gelding called Trim and he was a complete gentleman, forward going but looked after me :biggrin:

My friend rode a 16hh skewbald mare called Peggy who was like a sofa apparently.

We're going back next week for another lesson and I cant wait :pinkie:

Glad you enjoyed your ride, Elaine :)

I rode Frant today - twas too hot to school so we went for a wander around the ride on their land. Blissful :wub: Sometimes I can't believe how well behaved my boy is - he went past the pigs, didn't mind the squirrels dashing around under his feet and was just perfect.

Oh Bumble you are a very handsome boy :wub: :wub: How is he going with his treatment?

Finn and Frant pics as well :biggrin: Such a handsome pair, it must be lovely to look out from your house and see Finn saying hello :wub:

The trail ride looks great Freya, lovely palamino neck and ears :biggrin:

Glad you had a nice ride EAD, hope you don't ache too much after :)

Very jealous you got to ride Lady Tara San, her headbutts sound like they are becoming legendary :laugh:

Meeting with saddler went okay, I took some pics with me and from what he could see he thinks the saddle may now be too wide. To be honest that is fair enough as Loki has developed a lot since December, but worrying that the other saddler didn't spot that two weeks ago :wacko:

Obviously that is only from pics, he needs to see the saddle and Loki before knowing what is going on, he could have done tomorrow but there is no way I can get off work for that, so we are having to wait until next Monday. But he did find that the flocking was unlevel in the back panels, and he also did some little adjustments to tide us over until he can come out.

I hacked out in Saturday, and hopped off half way round to reposition it, but couldn't make my mind up if it had gone back, and then stupidly on Sunday decided I was being paranoid and didn't get off to reposition it and when I got home I could see it had gone back quite a bit, so I am hoping that hasn't caused him any back problems, and now the breastplate is back on :rolleyes:

Schooled him this morning and he went okay, magically the left canter problem has dissapeared so that must have been the uneven flocking.

So my plan is to lunge him for the rest of the week, other than my lesson on Thursday, if we get the okay from RI I will still go to the SJ/XC clinic on Saturday, and our first proper show on Sunday :crying_anim02:

It is hard work being an awkward so and so

DSCN1362.JPG

I can't see videos Freya...any proper photo's???? :(

Bumble is just gorgeous!!!! :wub: :wub: Fingers and toes crossed the treatment is working.

Yeah well done Elaine!! So glad you enjoyed the lesson.

:wub: Finn and Frant are stunning!!! Proper horses as my mum calls them!!! :laugh: :laugh: She thinks Kane isn't a proper horse cos he looks like he should be pulling a cart not being ridden!!! :wacko: :laugh:

:( Sorry your saddle is still causing issues Clare. :wub: Lovely to see Loki looking so chilled!! :laugh:

I'm so jealous...San are you doing a country tour to ride all Fugee horses!! :laugh: :wink:

I have photo's....just going into a meeting and will post them later!!! :wink:

We have Kane's first day at his new home:

WeyHey!!!!!!

Image366.jpg

'Do a little dance!!' This is Silver...he's a gelding but Kane does seem to be very very attracted to him!! They have really pal'ed up and I even caught them grooming the other day!!! Kane doesn't normally groom!!!

Image364.jpg

These are my panic my horse is too thin, photo's...which now I look at properly I realise he isn't too thin at all!!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Yummmmmmyyyyy!!!

Image380.jpg

Look this is MY stable!!! :laugh:

Image386.jpg

Oh a bit of grass I missed!!

Image388.jpg

Oh Mum my bucket is empty!!!

Image387.jpg

That's it...comments on Kanes weight would be appreciated, today I think he's okay but tomorrow I'm likely to think he's too thin!!! :rolleyes:

Aww I think he looks grand Jacky :biggrin: You may find now that he is in more work he will muscle up and round off, but weight wise I think he looks fine for this time of year :flowers:

Is that a fieldsafe headcollar he is wearing? It looks like the one Loki had, and it lasted all of five minutes of playing with his friend before the rubber fixing had been snapped, mind you his next door neighbour can take his leather headcollar off so his other one stood no chance :rolleyes: Just wondered if your fared any better :laugh:

Kane has great taste in friends :wub: