UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Brilliant pictures!!! Nice to know your camera is easy to use so I can take some of you on Kane too!!! :wink: Tara is gorgeous, I do love the center parting!!!! :wub:

She was going for the Farrah Fawcett look (showing her age....)

San's camera is extremely easy, so much so that you can take zillions of pics with it.... mostly of her bottom!

:laugh:

God, too many posts - I can't keep up with them all!! :laugh:

Love the photos of Tara - seems like she has been with you for years already! :)

I think this yard move is the best thign you could have done Jacky - sounds liek such a nice friendly yard and that both you and Kane are reaping the benefits :)

Hope Bumble is doing OK.

Apologies to everyone else - I have the memory retention of a goldfish! :rolleyes:

Bumbles fine at the moment, the big test will be on sunday when i get him out of the stable and see how he walks or if he can. I think he'll need longer than 10 days box rest :unsure: so i'm not too hopeful. His sedative works brilliant :laugh: hes so relaxed about being in on his own, normally he would be going mad by now but hes so chilled out he doesn't care :laugh:

Good luck for Bumble for Sunday, hope his feet have settled as much as his head :laugh: The picture you paint! I'd like to join him in 'chill land' :wub: :wub: Seriously, I do hope he is making a good recovery.

KANE - Jacky I had forgotten quite HOW gorgeous he is, boy he's a heartbreaker of a hunk :wub: :wub: He looks in great condition! I love his friend, must have been lovely to seem them groom :wub:

San - lovely pic of you riding my horse. The face on rocket is a picture :laugh: So many things I must go and see Mrs Wicc's in person for :whistle:

Ummm San don't read this!!! :wink:

Kane was a naughty, naughty boy last night! My friend came up to the yard to ride him. Decided it was too nice to school so we went into the fields. He was brilliant, he walked beside me, didn't nap at where he usually does and wasn't following me but keeping beside me walking nicely. We got into the second field and I asked if Kat wanted a little trot, she said yes and of she went. Next thing I saw Kane lower his head and I though 'OH SH*T!!!'...I know the signs of him about to do something but Kat's only ridden him twice in the school so she doesn't!! He then swerved to the right (back towards the yard) and set off into the canter, she sat fine and I shouted to bring him round....unfortunately he wasn't having any of it and just set his neck against her!!! He was heading for a very steep hill downwards, so I was starting to panic!! I then saw Kat take her feet out of the stirrups and just dismounted in canter!!! :ohmy: Luckily she landed quiet well and rolled...he then proceeded to canter down the hill and disappear!!!! :( Luckily she wasn't badly hurt and got up, I knew Kane wasn't going to go far cos the field is full of lush grass!! Caught him and I got on him, he was very hyped up and strong but he listened and I walked him back round where he'd run from and made him do lots of very annoying transistions to punish him!!

Kat got back on him in the sand school and even popped over a little jump, just to make sure she wasn't nervous. She's asked to come again on thursday..but today is covered in bruises and is limping!!!! I felt terrible that he did it to her, and totally responsible for it!! Luckily she keeps laughing about it cos the main thing she was bothered about was the sheep sh*t in her hair!!! :laugh: :laugh:

:unsure: Shall I bring loads of bubble wrap?

Norty boy! Make sure you have a word before Tuesday :huh: :flowers:

He WILL be good for you, I've told him he has to!! :dry: Also I think we'll avoid that field cos it's where Evil Kane likes to come out and play!! The other fields he likes so we'll stick to them!!!! :laugh: :wink:

Sarah Wiccs - please tell the Pocket Rocket that it is not fair to treat Princess Tara like that - she expects her subjects to behave regally and teasing is not regal :laugh:

Jackie - it sounds to me as if both you and Kane are so very much happier at your new yard - and as if there's help there if you want it too, which is even better. Well done for being brave enough to move him. :)

I've got good news. Finn is sound :wub: Can't guarantee this will be permanent but the vet is pleased with his progress. Finn was cantering and bucking around his field today so it's a good sign. Let's hope we can keep it this way. He's still on bute but he's been on bute before and it's made no difference so perhaps the very drastic shortening of his hooves has done the trick. They aren't short they're mega short!! We'll have a better idea after the next time he's shod, when we can start to reduce the bute. Fingers crossed :)

:wub: Brilliant news about Finn!!!! Hope this is the cure for his lameness. :flowers:

Just schooled last night, it was cut short by the YO'ers daughter doing a very dramatic fall!!!! She was jumping in the school next to me and Scooby tripped and she went absolutely flying!!! Poor kid was very shocked! I had to jump off Kane and go and grab Scooby cos he panicked abit and ran off. Luckily her mum was there so after a quick cry she was okay and got back on, luckily too Scooby was fine cos they've got a big show on saturday. That's 2 so heres hoping number 3 isn't me!!! :unsure: :(

Fantastic news about Finn :flowers:

I am having a real headache with Loki and ripping his shoes off, he has done it three times in as many weeks, and twice this week.

My farrier is getting more irrate each time it happens, and I think he is thinking of refusing to shoe him much longer.

I am really not sure what to do, change his field mate, change him back to going out during the day, put over reach boots on (not that I think that will make much difference) all three :rolleyes:

Any ideas ........

Are his hooves weak Clare? In the whole time I've had Kane he's never lost a shoe!!!! Can't belive Loki has done it twice in one week!!!! :ohmy:

Don't suppose trying him barefoot is an option? Do you ride on the roads much?

Why is he not out in the day, sorry if I missed the reason?