UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

When we lived in Sussex, we had a cottage just on the edge of woods, with big rocks three quarters of the way round. Just outside the landing window there was a ledge in the rock that went almost into a cave, and every spring a vixen had her cubs there. When they were big enough to venture out they used to play along the ledge, they were no more than about six feet away, it was lovely to watch.

We have buzzards here, and sparrowhawks, much to the pigeons annoyance!

Yes, Aidan (the 7 year old) absolutely adores my OH, he says he's the best Grandpa in the world. Last time we went down to see them he was in tears because we were going, he's a bit too young to really understand the distance and how long it takes for us to get there, he wants us to go every week. Well, correction, he want's his Grandpa, don't think he's that bothered about me as I don't go in for wrestling matches and playing footie in the garden!

• Like 1

Awww bless him, get a map out and show him how far you have to go to see him and explain the time using his school day...like he goes to school and you leave home at the same time and it takes you until his dinner to get there. Do you Skype him? I have just got round to WhatsApp and quite like that

Aww, they look like they are having fun :wub:

Has anyone heard from Loobie today - just wondering how the operation went.

I face timed mum and dad today from the beach, mum was really pleased to see me, dad was sat there with a right miserable face :unsure: Part of me wonders if he is jealous of my holidays. They always used to travel abroad, but then they bought a touring caravan, so go on holiday in the UK now. Dad loves the sunshine, but mum isn't keen. We talked for a while, then got disconnected. Dad sent me a message after to tell me that he was sorry we were disconnected but mum had gone for a shower :unsure:

Going whale watching tomorrow - hoping to see some humpback whales and their babies :biggrin:

I'm here thanks for worrying about me (((hugs))) I'm fine just took a bit of me time to recharge the old batteries, have also been doing a lot of research around endometriosis although hoping I dont jinx myself I've been a lot better the past few weeks just a bit tired and mentally switched off spent more than a few afternoons asleep in front of the TV :confused02: did bite the bullet and buy myself a scooter after talking it over with family friends and colleagues as I honestly didn't want to get one as I didn't want to be judged or seen as just being lazy - tbh thats kinda a bit why I went quiet I just needed to get my head right with it which I think I have now. So I'm baaaaaaackkkkk :D

My girl is is home !!!!

They managed to remove the tumours :) but we're not able to remove any margins at all due to the lack of skin :( Her urine tests were fine so that is good. She isn't doing too well with a lot of sickness and diahorrea and crying all the time - but she is 13 and a half so all considering she is doing brilliantly. You can't believe just how thankful I am to have her home with me

Thank you for everyone's support it really helped

• Like 1

Glad your girl is home Loobie :flowers: You can get logic paste to help her poorly tummy - mum and dad used it with Ted when he was poorly. It didn't help him because his was a food allergy, but it might help your girl :GroupHug:

Been whale watching today - saw quite a few humpback whales and their families. I don't think I'll ever get a job as a wildlife videographer though :laugh: :rolleyes: I was usually looking the wrong way when one appeared out of the sea and leapt in the air :laugh:

Got a day of lounging on the beach tomorrow, then I start my diving on Saturday morning :)

Are you pimping your scooter out Snow? We could hold a Fugee Scooter Pimping contest!

Loobie so good to hear that you have your baby home. I hope you get some really good lengthy quality time with her.

I want to pimp it out but Rob wont let me :rolleyes: however some stealth pimping might be in progress :ph34r: Rob made me and I do mean made me, buy the scooter cape. I told him I seriously doubt I'd be ever seen in public wearing it nor can I see the point of it I am hardly going to walk around the shops wearing a tent awning complete with plastic window and if I have to keep taking it on and off every time then I'm going to get wet anyway and add to that its completely the wrong colour for a dalek :laughingsmiley: I have bought a reversing mirror though and some bright coloured coil wristbands for the keys, I have been teasing Rob by saying I want a Welsh flag on one of those long ariel things and a dragon kite with fluttery tassels :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

ive bought a padlock for my scooter. the battery can just be unplugged and picked up, it will be stolen so quickly, so got a chain coming. I don't fancy pushing it home from the shops, don't think it would fit in the ambulance ill end up in lol

I went dolphin watching in Australia, that was good. you have such great holidays