UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

my friend was coming this morning, doesnt look like shes coming, if she does it will be a quicker visit than id hoped, she hasnt been in touch yet :(

my friend from the rescue is coming this afternoon to pick up these bits to be posted.Hope there is gossip too :biggrin:

Up to now although we could claim for mileage on Nogs insurance we haven't done so as we were concerned that we might run out of money if he needed surgery again before Dec since his policy renews 6th Dec and a fresh 7k is available I have decided to put in a claim including all the mileage so far as if we leave it til after Dec then we have to pay another £70 excess. So far we have made 31 trips we can claim for and 34 trips in total ohmy.gif mileage alone comes to £241 ohmy.gif no wonder we've been so blinking strapped for cash plus recently without thinking I've been paying cash for Nogs dressing changes as it's been £7 here £20 there not worth faffing about with the credit card, and I hadn't totalled those up either - which explains where the missing £100 from this months budget went rolleyes.gif wacko.gif hopefully M&S will pay up quickly as the money will be very handy for Xmas.

I haven't lost my phone :unsure:

just misplaced it.

It could be in one of the boxes of kitchen stuff packed and forming barriers around the house. :rolleyes:

Not been around much, working looooong hours on the kitchen, and the plasterers have been delayed. My new kitchen arrives in 3 weeks, I hope we are ready in time.

• Like 1

Woohoo, I have managed to sort a courier to collect my stuff this evening and deliver to me either late tonight or tomorrow morning :pinkie:

Mind you, the courier cost more than the table and chairs rolleyes.gif but overall still a bargain. Now I have to go home and start cleaning and moving furniture otherwise it's got nowhere to sit mecry.gif laugh.gif

Woohoo, I have managed to sort a courier to collect my stuff this evening and deliver to me either late tonight or tomorrow morning :pinkie:

I take it back :rolleyes: I can't get hold of the courier now, despite leaving messages and can't get hold of the seller to see if she's heard from them, so it looks like I've been let down and will have to rearrange :angry: Why do they bother telling you they can do it, then not do it? :angry:

if anyone has any advice on healthy doggie joints ive posted a q in doggie chat, my mind id pickled at the moment! would really appreciate some help x

Liquid glucosamine is the bestest thing in the world for joints - I use Synflex for my mutts :flowers:

Evening :flowers:

apologies for not reading back, hope everyone is ok :unsure:

I did see the status update for Michelle, congrats on the new job :biggrin:

Princess Cherry and Captain Jack are having a white van day oop north. They have had a walk on Hadrian's wall, but unfortunately are now stuck in a traffic jam on the M1. :unsure:

I have taken the opportunity to get the shoppping done, clean up, do some washing and make some bread. I also have some white wine cooling in the fridge :)

I was ever so anxious about todays vet visit as it had been a week since they last saw Nogs wounds and this could have either gone well or very badly, until the dressings came off we wouldn't know .. and in fact it went well whooo hooo biggrin.gif not only has his body NOT reacted against these staples the deepest wounds have both got really healthy thick scabs over them and are still ever so slightly oozy which when swabbed revealed no traces of anything nasty and which indicate that the wounds are healing .... now we've been here before so I'm not getting my hopes up as the wounds have scabbed up before and then broken down but the difference this time was when the dressings were changed and the leg cleaned and swabbed both scabs stayed in place so they obviously have bonded to something. It's still too early to tell if the wounds are finally going to heal and close and we could still find they have broken down again next visit but if they haven't then maybe just maybe we can avoid further surgery, like I said too soon to get hopes up quite yet, but at least they haven't broken down yet.