UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When Things Go Wrong.....with Your Body!

tegk68

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Johan - that looks awful.

That is exactly what is happening and I should imagine that my belly button (albeit single) looks like that already. I can see the permanent discolouring around and under the scabs :sick01: I've had a problem with nickel for a long time as far as jewellery goes and could only wear gold. But then I started reacting to gold as well :wacko: I have only just discovered that 9ct gold has nickel in it too :mecry: Unfortunately, my Soph appears to have the same problem with her earrings so I suspect she could end up travelling this road with me :( It's just so irritating. I've been using calendula cream when it's at it's worst and that soothes it a little.

Hope your recovery from the laparoscopy is swift :flowers:

I also react to gold but didn't know it had nickel in it which explains a lot. I can and do wear silver though but only as a necklace and anything round my wrists can has a reaction although those watches with leather wristbands make it easier. I think I said before, the only effective thing I found was vaseline but that only gives relief from the itching and doesn't stop it from happening. Other than not wearing jeans or belts I guess its just something we need to suffer. I can't find a belt that works at all. Unless someone comes up with something that works - if you find anything, please let me know :flowers:

Was laughing because I ended up back in hospital on Saturday with urine infection and the doctor pointed at the discoloured bit and said how odd it was that I was bruised there. Looked a bit embarrassed when I told him it was unrelated and normal for me :rolleyes:

I also react to gold but didn't know it had nickel in it which explains a lot. I can and do wear silver though but only as a necklace and anything round my wrists can has a reaction although those watches with leather wristbands make it easier. I think I said before, the only effective thing I found was vaseline but that only gives relief from the itching and doesn't stop it from happening. Other than not wearing jeans or belts I guess its just something we need to suffer. I can't find a belt that works at all. Unless someone comes up with something that works - if you find anything, please let me know :flowers:

Was laughing because I ended up back in hospital on Saturday with urine infection and the doctor pointed at the discoloured bit and said how odd it was that I was bruised there. Looked a bit embarrassed when I told him it was unrelated and normal for me :rolleyes:

Just found this helpful site: Nickel Allergy Gold that is 12 carat or more is pure, hypoallergenic and silver should also be ok (but Soph reacts to silver and I react to "hypoallergenic" :rolleyes: ). Nicely explained is why I get a sore, itchy spot on my back (bra hooks) and why when I wore metal framed glasses I developed a raw, itchy spot on the bridge of my nose :( Hells bells. Nickel is everywhere!!

Im guessing it was painful, but bless his socks, he didnt moan once. It took it to come to that for him to actually say anything about it. We was in the middle of moving at the time and he just didnt want to add to any stress :wub:

When we went to the hospital and then the doctors, they couldnt believe the state of it, and at that point they didnt know it was excema

Oh my life Johan that is amazing and looks painful! Well done for that photo!

Mr Abby, a good offering there, I'm impressed!

I did want to post various bits of Mr Pendlewitch but he's been a bit not well with a bad attack of smurfiness, pity I can't photo his coughs! :laugh: BUT he has to go for an injection in his spine tomorrow, will try and bag a photo! Missed opportunity to get one of his empaseymic (sp?) lungs x-ray so this could be even better, may even get a video! :)

Does anyone else get excited when they see that Pendlewitch has just posted in the manky bits thread or is it just me? :unsure:

Wishing Poppa Smurf the best of health of course, but I'm getting photo withdrawal symptoms (though not bunion-related ones :sick02: ).