UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When Things Go Wrong.....with Your Body!

tegk68

Welllllll...........after noticing that the vile itchy redness that used to be my belly button was weeping and looking a tad infected :sick01: I didn't bother going to see the doctor carried out some investigative work (via Google and not my belly button) and it would appear that it is contact dermatitis. The shop-bought antihistamines aren't working and it's gotten so sensitive that even if I put plasters over the back of the button and tuck my t-shirts into my jeans it's getting worse so I guess a visit to the quacks is on the cards :rolleyes:

I have this and confirm its nickel dermititis and its awful. Nothing works - not clear nail varnish, plasters, tucking t-shirts in or anything. The only effective thing that I've found is vaseline which helps to take the sting out of the sores though no creams stop it happening. Belts are just a killer for me and its nearly impossible to get a belt with no nickel in it. Not that it makes much difference because if the belt doesn't get you, the back of the metal button does :wacko: Even when its cleared up (which it had to as I'll go on to explain) I have a permanent brownish mark over my bellybutton.

Anyway - I'm at home now recovering from a laparoscopy - anyone wanna see pics of my wounds??? I appear to have a doublebelly button and a hoooooge stomach! I walk like Ozzy :unsure:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just remembered I forgot to post this one!

Son dislocated his thumb playing rugby and was most unimpressed with his ever so caring mother taking photos in A&E...but we all know it just has to be done!!!

DSC00012.jpg

I am disappointed that my bruises from throwing myself off the freezer never came to much :mecry:

However, I am very pleased to make my entry to this thread with a better-taken-late-than-never photo of my OH's inner elbow after having split up Dylan and Clive during their recent scrap :rolleyes: He's been pestering me to put it on, even though it doesn't show the 8 inch extent of the bruising properly!

MankyBody1.gif

I have this and confirm its nickel dermititis and its awful. Nothing works - not clear nail varnish, plasters, tucking t-shirts in or anything. The only effective thing that I've found is vaseline which helps to take the sting out of the sores though no creams stop it happening. Belts are just a killer for me and its nearly impossible to get a belt with no nickel in it. Not that it makes much difference because if the belt doesn't get you, the back of the metal button does :wacko: Even when its cleared up (which it had to as I'll go on to explain) I have a permanent brownish mark over my bellybutton.

Anyway - I'm at home now recovering from a laparoscopy - anyone wanna see pics of my wounds??? I appear to have a doublebelly button and a hoooooge stomach! I walk like Ozzy :unsure:

It doesn't look that impressive but here goes - my double belly button:

S7300099.jpg

The discoloured bit above is what I'm left with when there are no sores due to my metal allergy and not related. The other wound is too far down to get a 'decent' photo of :wink:

That is exactly what is happening and I should imagine that my belly button (albeit single) looks like that already. I can see the permanent discolouring around and under the scabs :sick01: I've had a problem with nickel for a long time as far as jewellery goes and could only wear gold. But then I started reacting to gold as well :wacko: I have only just discovered that 9ct gold has nickel in it too :mecry: Unfortunately, my Soph appears to have the same problem with her earrings so I suspect she could end up travelling this road with me :( It's just so irritating. I've been using calendula cream when it's at it's worst and that soothes it a little.

Hope your recovery from the laparoscopy is swift :flowers:

Looks nasty, Mr Abby :ohmy: Missus Abby - give it a few days and see what happens :wink:

Cant believe I am any where near this thread, but this is Johans legs when he suddenly got excema (Has never suffered with it in his life) and it took over his whole body and became infected

Fortunatly the infection is gone but he still suffers with the excema now

100_3506.jpg

100_3507.jpg