UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Afternoon.

Up early today as I had to go over to Glasgow and drop Richard off at hospital to get the pins taken out of his ankle. Needed to take dogs out first for a half decent walk as they were going to be left for a few hours. It was still quite dark and damp and the wimps weren't keen but I was a cruel mum and made them go lol. Same again tomorrow when I pick him up.

Hope everyone is well xx

Will Richard's ankle be good as new now Eve, or will it always have a weakness?  Hope it's the former, then you can have some decent walks together.

Good idea to have at least one lazy day blackmagic, to recharge your batteries.

I got some things done this morning, nothing earth shattering just a machine load of laundry, put up a last piece of decoration over the sitting room door and vacuumed the hall kitchen/diner and sitting room and it left me shattered by 11.30.  On a plus side, taking the ibuprofen I'm not meant to take has quietened the ache in my back down.  Went to bed after Philip had his lunch then got up and washed my hair.  Whew, what an exciting life I lead!

Jazz, Philip says every time he walks Candy there is a little cat outside a house down the road, always outside unless the owners are in.  It's huddled up by the door no matter the weather, looking really miserable.  I said wander up and see how it reacts to Candy and maybe we could say if you think so little of your cat you don't even get it access to inside when you aren't there, would you like to rehome it? Candy loves cats.

The pins were becoming uncomfortable Suzeanna so that's why he got them taken out. His ankle is actually good now but he has a degenerative disc problem in his back so he'll never be able to go for long walks again which is sad and frustrates him greatly.

Did Philip go for the cat idea? My dogs love cats too, but not in a good way lol. They might be different if one actually lived here - my sister brings her cat with her when she comes to stay and the dogs must know she's in the bedroom and don't try to get in there - but I don't think I'd dare risk it.

Sensible girl, Wispa!  We used to have cats, Eve although Philip is allergic to them.  When we had the dobes, poms and papillons they all got on ok with the cats, but when we got our GSD he loathed them and we couldn't trust him with them at all.  Dylan was a dedicated chaser, so that was a no no.  Candy has a little black and white cat friend up the road and they always greet each other happily, I think she'd like a pal.  Back in the day I had a Siamese and I adore them but their prices have shot up and it wouldn't be fair on Philip anyway to potentially leave him with a couple of pets.

Good morning!

Eve's been quiet since picking up Richard, hope all is well with him.  See they have a little snow forecast for Scotland over Christmas but rain everywhere else as per usual.

Philip is taking a few things to the tip this morning then I want to scoot into Aldi, hopefully it won't be too busy.  Philip had a covid test the other evening since the bay they put me in at the hospital turned out to have a Covid positive person in it, it's come back negative and I have no symptoms so all clear here so far.  My son is coming up on Monday after xmas regardless of the fact we are tier 3 and he's tier 2, just hope none of the neighbours shop us but I don't think they will.