UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Lovely Yantan.  We have Misty and Kelly (poms) and Dylan and Rosie up here in the computer room/library.  Saphyre and Topaz (dobes) are downstairs on the display unit as is Jazz, GSD.  We left four dogs and two cats buried in the garden at our old place, with the new owners promising to look after their resting places, and there is a cat (Sophie) and a hamster buried in the garden here.  Philip says when I go, he'll put me in an urn along with the dogs! 

• Haha 2

Beautiful Yantan XX

The bloody car appeared when I was just heading home with deags, I made it obvious I had seen him, I called my dad and took the dog home, I then rung Steve and sat on my step to watch him leave...a police car went down and I thought...at last!!! They are going to do something about him, nope... He had reversed and left. My neighbour and parents have both said they would walk the dogs with me, that's great...but what about in the daytime?? I have medical appointments to attend and I don't understand why the police can't do anything about him

He is stalking you and making you feel uncomfortable and vulnerable - that alone should be reason for them to speak with him. 

I am watching Made In Britain. It doesn't matter how many times Ruby tells people, like the production crew, that there is NO lead in a pencil they still persist in calling it lead! It's graphite and is called a strip.

Look forward to seeing it on catch up. The plaques are beautiful Yantan.

Think Philip's got the right idea Suzeanna, where else would you rather be than amongst your animals.

I don't understand why the police haven't done anything either Griff. I guess they're maybe trying to catch them actually doing something if they are 'persons of interest' but that is a step too far for me. Your safety is more important than that.

I am not scared Eve... just p*ssed off. It's really really pathetic, I don't really go anywhere or do much but now I need to rely on others to come with me. I have told Steve when he picks me up, not to do it near my house as I don't want him getting mixed up in this...it would kill me if something happened to him or Molly..or his house or car

Years ago one of our cats disappeared, a gorgeous tortie called Casey.  We never saw her again, despite a lot of searching and asking the council if the binmen had seen a deceased cat.  At least they aren't left won dering about her.

Yantan, is Ruby one of Barbara's names, or just a nickname? My auntie Nan was actually called Ada Florence, heaven knows where Nan came from, and the husband of a friend of mine has always been known as Ron, but christened Arthur George.  My first name is Andrea but I never liked it so I use my second name except at the hospital where they always call Andrea and it takes a moment to click they mean me!

• Haha 1

Suzeanna Ruby is a nickname. It comes from Roobarb And Custard which was a kid's cartoon series of the 70's. She started off as Roobarb which got shortened to Ruby. 

It was quite a common thing at one time to give a kid a christian name and then call them by a derivate of it - one that is often difficult to marry to the original name.  Nancy was often used for Anne, Polly for Mary, Peggy or Daisy for Margaret and so on. My great auntie Lilly was christened Elizabeth. It's a nightmare when you are doing genealogy.  One of my brother's is known by his second name never his first, the same is true of one of my sister's. I don't get why parents do that :worried_anim:  And why was I the only one not given a middle name? I've always wanted one! :laughingsmiley: