UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Just to give you all a smile, it is the village idiot here who has managed to lose a white chocolate classic ice cream lolly somewhere in the house. Nipped out to corner shop and climbed in over the sandbags to get a few things. Put them in bag, came back, unloaded bag on kitchen table. Frozen food into freezer, magazine in rack, small orange juice packs remained in bag which I took out to car. Ice cream lolly had vanished. Nowhere in freezer, fridge, cupboards, not on any surfaces, not in pocket. Not in shopping bag which I took out to car. Nipped back to shop to see if I had left it, shopkeeper said she had certainly seen me put it in bag. I bought another one as had been looking forward to eating it with a few raspberries. I can't get away with most chocolate as migraine trigger but am ok with a bit of white. Wispa not guilty as it is not in my bed where goodies are usually hidden, and not in hers. Either we have an ice cream loving ghost or somewhere in my small house it is melting into a horrible squidgy sticky mess. Managed to eat the replacement before it vanished into limbo.

11 minutes ago, Jazz said:

did it fall down the side of the car seat? the amount of stuff I lost there. 

I don't think so as the bag only contained 3 small cartons of orange when I put it in the car. I walked to and from shop, only opened car to return the shopping bag which lives there. But will check, thank you Jazz.

Oooh I've missed a lot of posts today so not replying in any particular order.

Owl, did you notice the company which the tanker came from? If you contacted them letting them know the road it came out of and the time they might do the right thing and compensate you. They won't know your dashcam didn't pick it up and I'm sure they're well insured.

It's not silly to care about people you've only met online. I care about you lot more than most people I know in 'real life'. You've all been there for me when my dad was dying and then died. I'd be lost without you. Your tales make me laugh and cry and even the every day stuff makes me feel part of things. Even if I can't keep up with Jazz's fosters and the thought of Griff's dinner tonight makes me feel ill 🤢🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, griff said:

It's a spicy slow cooked tomato based stew....you usually have apricots in it and serve it with cous cous but I had no apricots and I don't think dad likes cous cous so I am doing rice

Do you ever use orzo pasta Griff? it looks like rice but it isn't..the Greek use it in their cooking.

Owl the ice cream lolly will be beside our TV remote which mysteriously vanished a couple of weeks ago. I have turned the sitting room upside down to no avail. I KNOW it was on the fold up table in front of my chair as I distinctly remember seeing it. We are using the remote from the telly in the kitchen.  

I once bought a 2nd hand book from eBay and was very much looking forward to reading it. When it arrived I unpacked it and flicked through it before leaving it on the coffee table whilst I went to make a drink. When I came back the book had gone. This was like 15/16 years ago and it's never turned up. 

Wanders off whilst humming the tune to The Twilight Zone...........

Suzeanna...I have seen it but never used it! I am pretty tight with buying ingredients for cooking so if it's over a quid I would freak out.

Owl, I was joking..I hope it shows up or at least doesn't smell

Eve, dinner was really nice lol.... even dad ate it!!!

Edited by griff

Yantan, I have a Bermuda Triangle following me around too. Doesn't matter where I am things just disappear. I really thought when we cleared out the house in France we'd find things that had been missing for years, including things from when we lived in London which had somehow never appeared in France though we knew we'd packed them to bring over. Nope, still missing now.

Griff, still not for me lol

Meant to say earlier Suzeanna that your doctors' system is outrageous and surely unworkable. How can you not be able to ask about symptoms which could well be related to your original illness. Mention them anyway.