UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Fascinated by beetles too, not sure I'd like one running up my sleeve, though I'm happy for a lady bird to land on me. Maybe it's a size thing lol. Hope your pain is manageable tonight xx

Fairly quiet day today. Weather was nice so got all the dog walks done early. Actually decided to do some housework (don't call an ambulance, I'm fine, honest lol) so got all of downstairs vacuumed and floors mopped. House is really manky though so a big deep clean will be happening soon. Followed by a repainting of some walls where the dogs like to make their mark most.

Quiet here today so I'm sure you've all had an exciting weekend. Well, more exciting than me lol.

Night all, sleep well, speak tomorrow xx

Thank you Jazz. Glad to see some sun, at least until teatime when rain comes back.  Wispa very disgusted yesterday as weather too extreme to go walking. Just waiting for post as Suzeanna's TENS machine may turn up today, then out we go. Last night wasn't brilliant but was bearable with painkillers. 

Hope it comes today Owl, but do you have a neighbour who would be happy to accept it if you are out? Shame to wait in and then it doesn't come, but the rain does!

Thankfully I double checked my doctor's appointment time over the weekend, I was convinced it was today, but it's tomorrow at 8.30.  Just as well, as I overdosed on olives and feta last night and keep having to dash to the loo this morning (tmi?)

Isn't it funny that when you ring to let an insurer know you don't wish to renew because you've got the same cover elsewhere for less money they then offer you a discount. If they included that to start with in the renewal price I might have accepted it! 

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww olives. I would literally throw up if I was forced to eat one. They are the vilest things on this planet :sick01:

I didn't like olives when I was younger, probably because the ones my mother got were stuffed with anchovies and they are the work of the devil, but we started eating them when we went to Greece and found rather to our surprise that we liked them after all.  One restaurant we were in, we'd ordered Greek salad and it arrived without olives.  Muttered to the waiter and he looked surprised and said "British people don't like olives!" so  you aren't alone, Yantan.  He did disappear and come back with a dish with enough olives to feed the whole restaurant, slight overkill. Despite what some people think, the Greeks do have a wicked sense of humour...we were at our usual pool bar one lunch time and a new arrival ordered his meal and a small water.  Demetrios brought his water, very straight faced, and put a shot glass of water down in front of him.  I wished I had my camera handy, the mixture of bewilderment and disbelief was classic.  Another time someone ordered a large beer and two of them vanished and came back rolling a keg! Total nutcases.

• Haha 1

Ruby lived & worked in Greece for a while. Her cousin was married to a Greek man. He had a great sense of humour. Ruby might have stopped a bit longer but there was an earthquake and as she woke up to find her bed falling through space from the 3rd floor to the 1st she decided it was safer in the UK.

My US friend's 3 year old grandaughter loves olives. It makes me boak every time I see a picture or video of her stuffing her face with them. My friend knowing my extreme reaction to olives delights in sending them to me! 

kevin is scared of daddy long legs. he hid in the bathroom but they found him, so hes hiding behind mouse. wondered how they are getting in as there is a net covering the door. hugo is bringing them in to play with them. he didn't want to play with the huge spider. he knows the difference

• Haha 1