UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Griff, you may have been joking about the mice but during last year's invasion they carried all kinds if things away. Packets of fish food etc. Small screwdrivers even. Still no sign of the ice cream. Probably there is someone somewhere wondering why it has suddenly materialised in front of them.

Anyway, I am rather cheered as 2 separate missing dogs I have been advising on are now safely home.

Edited by owl

I am aware of 3 very low profile former residents of this house who sometimes wander through. They don't worry me and make the place feel lived in. When I lived in mum's house there was absolutely nothing as it was a newish house, and it felt empty. The place before that near Dronfield was very haunted but only in a nice way. One friend visiting did see someone who smiled and welcomed her in, and Wispa would sit and watch them going to and fro. My last house in Wales had someone who tramped through the house very late each evening, and for the first few days Wispa had a go and tried to bite him, then realised she was having no effect and restricted herself to growls. I never saw him but could feel a chill as he passed. He seemed to be on the line of a former footpath between farms.

Anyway, I am cheered by hearing that objects vanishing has happened to others. It makes me less worried about my own sanity. 

• Haha 1

Just after we first moved in here George gave a woof, got up and went into the hall. He was looking up with his tail down. Suddenly his tail started wagging, he sat down and offered a paw. His leg then shook up and down as though someone had reached out and shaken it. It didn't frighten me because he wasn't frightened and this house has always had a lovely atmosphere. which visitors often comment on. With one half of my brain I did wonder if it was my grandad come to check the "new" house out but the other half tells me that there will be a much more rational reason. 

In other news Ruby finally decided I could make the decision on what to do with Archie's ashes so I yesterday I ordered him a memorial box from the same place I got the new one for George. It arrived today! I am really chuffed with it. Like George's it has his name on, his dates and the line "Datz Orl" (That's All) which is how he always signed himself off on his WhatsApp chats to his auntie Jan :laughingsmiley:  It's beautiful. I am really chuffed with it.

• Like 2

Picture please Yantan? It sounds lovely.

Oh yes, remind me again, when is that? My brain doesn't seem to hold on to information any more!

I've noticed there is a Spiritualist church in Clay Cross..never been in there though.  When we moved into Mother's place after she died and things kept happening, we got a Ouija board and got a message from a young woman who was very distressed as she hadn't had a Christian burial.  My daughter phoned the local vicar and asked would he say a prayer for the woman in church please..next thing we had said vicar coming up the path! He was met by our dobe, and put his faith in the Lord and kept walking..big mistake, she nipped the back of his leg.  He did say it was his own fault, she was telling him to stand still and he didn't.  Anyway, he came to give us a lecture about the dangers of messing about with Ouija boards and that we could get something in that we couldn't get out again.  He did agree to say a prayer for her though, so it ended well (and his leg wasn't even bruised.)  He left under a cloud some months later, ran off with one of his parishioners.

• Like 1

Yes it's tonight! I had forgotten myself! It's Made In Britain at 8pm on ITV4. Ruby delegated the chatting and factory tour to Adam,  a member of her staff, but the TV production team asked for her to come and talk to them as well so she's expecting her mug will appear. She will be under her real name of Barbara just to confuse you and she's the Technical Manager.  

• Haha 1