UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Hi loobie, I have spotted you lurking. Sorry to hear about Ashley xx

Sending love to all poorly people and animals but too tired to post. After last week's feeling good the fatigue has come back with a vengeance, so getting an early night.

Blackmagic...I am in the same boat with Dex cat....he has lost condition, his kidney function is much worse....I think in the next few weeks I will be saying goodbye, he has been in my life 19 1/2 years and is 21 1/2 now....I know I could never have done more for him and as long as he is comfortable he will stay

I hope Jim's chemo goes well and has the desired effect and the side effects are minimal

Owl, hope you feel less tired soon

Loobie, lovely to see you xx

Lovely to see you again Loobie, and really sorry to hear about Ashley. This is a nice place to lurk when you don't feel up to posting but still want to be part of things.

Hope your knee is getting better Griff.

Good luck to Jim with his chemo Blackmagic and hoping you can keep Murphy comfortable.

Sending good thoughts for Merlin Jazz. Your gang are having a rotten time just now.

Hope your early night does you good Owl.

Sorry to anyone I've missed. Been over to Glasgow to give my son his (belated) birthday present and have a chippie tea with him and his wife. Made a nice change. Was a bit of a rough ride on the ferry due to the stormy weather - don't think we're getting the heatwave here any time soon.

Suzeanne, the oncologist stressed it was JIm's decision. He was happy with whatever he  decided to do.

I think he got a fright with the fluid in his chest and the possibility of it happening again.

He  also showed the  report that the mass was very near a main artery and could cause it to burst.That would happen with no warning and cause massive internal bleeding. He hopes the chemo will shrink it away from the artery.

Side effects do worry him but he is resigned to it .  We will have to see what effects he gets.

The plan is an infusion in his vein then two weeks tablet and one week off, repeated for 6 cycles.

Sorry you are in the same boat with Dex.

Their time is never long enough.

Murphy's diagnosis has been a shock as until two days ago he was fine except for not eating., probably due to nausea.     He has not lost any weight and looks alert and bright. He still jumps up on the couch and barks at whatever.  Yesterday he ate some dried food which I hand fed him. I am sure he thought he was getting treats.

Today he has eaten   tinned Chappie .   We will just have to go from one day to the next.

• Like 1

They haven't been in any water when they've been out for walks, have they Jazz? (sorry, not sure if you walk them or not.) A lot of dogs are being ill and some have died through swimming in water with blue green algae in it.  Rother Valley park had closed its lakes due to that, it was used a lot by canoeists etc.

Candy isn't going to be happy that the hot weather is returning, she much prefers it cold.  I like a happy medium, I get too hot when it's hot and frozen when it's chilly!

Fingers crossed for much relief and little nasty for Jim then blackmagic, and I hope Murphy keeps on keeping on.  

no, they haven't. I change the water in the bird bath, but katie didn't drink out of that. only been out 10 minutes and either hugo or merlin has been sick, a lot. just rung the vet to find out  if the smell katie had was 'something' as these smell the same