UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

Griff shared her purchases on WhatsApp with me and she is going to look gorgeous :)

Owl life is too short, especially as we age, to put up with vexatious people.

Suzeanna I think Cumbrians must share some words with Yorkshire folk. We say meister rather than mester but the similarity is there. I also tell visitors to park their arses. My nanna, who brought me up, was scandalised once when I said it to her old boss who called to see her after nanna's retirement. Fortunately the very posh lady boss was very tickled by it.

I've been to see some old friends today, we go back almost 35 years. I did see them in October but it doesn't matter how long we go in between, and sometimes it can be a year or two, we just pick up where we left off.

Archie had a nasty bout of acid reflux again this morning. We think he also missed me not being here because I am his one constant, he's used to Ruby going to work and being away on holiday, but I am always here with him. Because he wasn't feeling well and possibly missing me he started the most mournful howling. Once I came home he settled down and finally fell asleep for a couple of hours. He's still not right though. I'm trying to get some food in him as it well help.

Hope Archie settles down.

Yantan, you are right, life is too short to put up with vexatious folk but when you have known the person on and off for decades you do think twice about cutting them off. In this case I need to for my own sanity.

• Like 1

Someone we know, who has no self awareness, posted this little gem on FB the other day. "Not sending Christmas cards this year. I'm spending the money on my new French house".

Fair enough if you are telling people you have made a donation to charity in lieu but to announce that not only are you up your own backside but your also bragging about buying a second home abroad in the most selfish way had us shaking our heads. And then we fell about laughing at the absurdity of it.

Archie is a little more settled and his tucked up cosy in his new bed, which he has taken to using every now and then. He still hasn't eaten though. He normally is responsive to hand feeding but turned his snout up and walked off when I tried. Poor little fella.

Oh god .....I am ill, I have an awful throat and chest.... it's mums fault. Like you jazz, I need to be tidying up ready for my brother coming and I just want to go to bed!

Have to find somewhere to buy jars to put the gravy in for Steve and Maz's Christmas dinner

No Jazz, I will have to trek round town.

Steve was just on, he was trying to find me a Christmas present...I sent him the link to a ring I liked but he wouldn't buy it for me, he has now apparently bought me a necklace...I don't wear necklaces, I have 2 solid gold curb necklaces that I don't wear....oh god

Men can be incredibly stupid Griff. Does he think you'll get the wrong idea if he buys you a ring lol

Owl, you need to do what's right for you. Tell her why you're so upset then just walk away.

I too have the lurgy and have barely slept for the past two nights with coughing, sore throat and streaming nose. Need to go shopping but have neither the energy or motivation. I guess having no Christmas dinner with son and daughter in law coming round should be motivation enough. We don't have an online shopping and delivery option here so trudging round Morrisons it is then.

Hope Archie's tum settles down soon Yantan and your poor mouth is less painful Jazz. Stanley broke my nose, loosened a tooth and split my lip amongst other various injuries but at least he was a large enthusiastic staffie with a very hard head not a tiny yorkie lol.

Sorry if I've missed anyone - got a head full of stuffed cotton wool at the moment.

There's a lot of it around,my daughter and son in law are full of cold too. Griff..thermos flask? would that do? should be easy enough to get hold of.

Hope all the sickly ones soon feel better and that no one gives it to me!

Just remembered..on the subject of dogs causing us injury..years back I put my key in the front door after work, started opening it and Saphyre our big dobe saw the moving door, jumped at it and smacked it back in my face. It knocked out one of my front teeth, and I swallowed it! Not a happy homecoming.

Edited by suzeanna

Oh dear, so many poorly people! Get well soon, Fugees.

Yantan, perhaps a few people should post on that person's page and say they are so pleased he has a nice house on France, and they are looking forward to spending their hols there. They could even say they have found out where the house is and he can look forward to receiving surprise guests. That will teach him.

Anyway, who cares? Second homes in France are SO out of fashion. That is why I have bought a beachfront villa in the Bahamas. Feel free to drop in any time!

Happy Solstice everyone, a very soggy one but always welcome. The sun has got his hat on, even if it is a sou'wester and we can't see his face.

• Like 4